Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this a logical way to establish my AHI baseline ?
RE: Is this a logical way to establish my AHI baseline ?
(07-13-2018, 02:32 PM)tommyngo Wrote: @Stom
_Thanks for some great & relevant infos.

There is one home test I've seen that is hundreds rather than thousands of dollars, but it doesn't distinguish between obstructive apnea and central apnea, and I have no idea how you'd score it (I don't know anything about its "PC analysis software"). It's the Contec "CMS-RS01 Wearable Obstructive Sleep Apnea Symptoms Monitor (PR,SPO2,Rhino-Anemometer) respiration Test monitor." At around $300 it costs about the same as some companies charge for a single home study reviewed by a doctor, but those have the additional channels to record more data, and, well, a doctor (or so they claim.)

The CMS-RS01 does not have a snore sensor, body position sensor or thoracic effort bands. But it does have pulse ox and a nasal canula flow sensor. So the really relevant thing only thing it would get you that your data-recording PAP doesn't is what your nasal flow graph and AHI is when you are sleeping without PAP. Too bad it doesn't record thoracic effort, though, as whether you have centrals without PAP vs. with PAP is a key data point.

The CMS-RS01 is a cousin of the the popular Contec CMS50 series data recording wrist pulse oximeters with finger sensors that are popular here. I have no idea if the CMS-RS01 PC software can export a file that Sleepyhead can read, but it is safer to assume that it cannot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,476 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Question Is it possible to measure your baseline apnea events with CPAP? hejohoo 5 676 08-10-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Understanding OSCAR data to establish pressure range? RoyMunson 7 2,159 04-25-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New to DS2 and new to OSCAR - create baseline snapshot before refining setttings? OneSnorer 1 342 02-07-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Airsense 11 Baseline Mask Leak Rate hobbycamguy 2 2,166 11-14-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Palatal prolapse or VAuto misplacement of 0-axis baseline? 2SleepBetta 7 1,033 03-21-2022, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Medical baseline: saving a dollar a day on electricity bill thanks to CPAP NelsonM 3 1,155 09-07-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.