Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this apnea? - Consistently waking every 90 minutes.
RE: Is this apnea? - Consistently waking every 90 minutes.
Check with your Dr. (as many of the others already said.)
One thing you could ask about would be:

---
Sleep Transition Apnea

Sleep transition apneas refer to the fluctuations in ventilation that occur in otherwise normal individuals during the transition from wake to sleep.

“**Regardless of the underlying cause of arousal from sleep** (ie, spontaneous arousal, periodic leg movements, respiratory load induced arousal), **an individual with a low arousal threshold** (ie, susceptible to waking up easily) **will be vulnerable to sleep state instability**. That is, the combination of a predisposition to sleep transition apnea and a low arousal threshold may be sufficient to facilitate a repetitive CSA cycle as the individual oscillates between wake-fulness and sleep. The arousal threshold does, however, increase with progressively deeper sleep stage, as does breathing stability provided slow wave sleep can be achieved. However, it remains controversial whether slow wave sleep is intrinsically more stable from a respiratory standpoint, or if stable breathing allows sleep to deepen.”

---
From what I understand this can also happen during the transition between sleep stages.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this apnea? - Consistently waking every 90 minutes.
I still wake up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, even on the machine. Nobody that I have seen about this knows why. I had a pulmonologist tell me that since I only sleep 4 hours to go to bed and even if I did not sleep, once I had been in bed for 4 hours to get up and not go to bed again until that night. I could not do that because I have to drive and as we all do, I need to be alert when driving. Last night, I woke up several times with my right nostril stinging and I am sure that is what woke me up (in combination with a dream about our child that we lost). I can't begin to tell you how I would love to sleep 7 or 8 hours in a row without waking up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 110 5 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 290 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 260 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.