Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this harmless?
Is this harmless?
Hello again,

So far, I am happy with my therapy and my AHI now hovers between 1 and 3 most of the time, with mostly centrals (but they last between 11 and 14 seconds) and I believe they are simply sleep wake junk (SWJ), since I turn around quite a bit at night.

I sleep very well and I feel refreshed during the day, but I often have this kind of  breathing at night.

It is harmless, or should I do something about it?

Thank!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this harmless?
Although I am not an expert, I think a full set of charts is needed -- not just one strip. See wiki for details of what to post and what order the pieces should be in. No calendar on left side, because it gets in the way of other data.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have periods of variable respiratory flow that seem related to flow limitations, which are a partial obstruction of your airway. This is often improved by the use of a higher EPR level. As mentioned, we need a full detail chart to accurately guide you on the pressure and EPR settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Clownbell and Sleeprider, thank you for taking the time to answer me.

I switched EPR at 3 two days ago and it seems to be a lot better, my numbers immediately went below 2 AHI once again.

I used EPR3 at the beginning of my therapy, but stopped using it after a while because I had a lot of centrals.

I am surprised to see that since I set again EPR to 3, my centrals are almost gone.

Obstructive apneas now seem to be predominant, but I believe my numbers are quite good and they aren't too bad.

Here are my most recent charts.

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
I also have the same issue Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Your therapy is much improved. The obstructive apnea are at about 1 per hour and based on what we see in the chart, a pressure increase to keep EPAP above 7.0 looks like it will help. This would be a 1-cm move in minimum pressure to 10.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider, I will do that.

You guys are awesome, keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again,

So here are the results :

Image 1 : Min pressure at 10 with EPR 3 : 
4 AHI with more CA's than usual. From what I've learned on Apnea Board, that can be expected as I get rid of CO2 more efficicently. 

Since my numbers were not very good, and because some of my CA's were quite long (between 20 and 30 seconds), I decided to try to lower EPR to 1, but to keep the pressure at 10 (to get rid of the OA's)

Last night (image 2): Min pressure at 10, EPR 1 : 2.9 AHI.

I'll try again with the same settings tonight (pressure at 10 with EPR1) and wear my neck collar this time to see if it helps as it seems that I had a group of CA's near the end of my night that could be due to chin tucking.

If the CA's count stays at 2 or more / h, I was thinking to lower pressure at 9.4 with EPR2 tomorrow.

What do you think?

Thank you again!

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to suggest a second night at that setting before either returning to 9-12 pressure or reducing EPR. I think you need the EPR for the flow limits and RERA, so let's make sure the CA events remain before making changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the follow-up Sleeprider,

I will do that and follow your suggestion (EPR3 with a min. pressure at 10).

More details to come.

Have a nice day!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.