Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this image of SH the correct way to post on forums? Also, how am I doing?!
Is this image of SH the correct way to post on forums? Also, how am I doing?!
OK, this is the image here: 

Do I need to add any useful rows or take out any (event flags seems somewhat pointless?) that don't need to be there? 

[Image: D9RyviJ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this image of Sleepyhead the correct way to post on forums? Also, how am I doing?!
First, you seem to be doing pretty darn well if that is typical. The question now is "How do you feel?"

As for the image, if you get rid of the calendar (click the little triangle next to the day Fri) and lose the pie chart, then the machine settings and additional diagnostics will show up. You can turn off the pie chart by going to File | Preferences | Appearance . I'd leave the event flags on - if / when you do get events it's good to see how they are spaced through the night and how they relate to pressure, leaks etc.

You can attach the image to your post so that it is hosted here at Apnea Board. That way if anything goes wrong at Imgur (eg if they go to pay-per-view model like Photo Bucket did) your image is still available here. The main thing is to keep the number and filesize of your images down to a reasonable size as it costs Apnea Board quite a lot in server and bandwidth to host images.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this image of Sleepyhead the correct way to post on forums? Also, how am I doing?!
(03-10-2019, 04:25 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: First, you seem to be doing pretty darn well if that is typical. The question now is "How do you feel?"

As for the image, if you get rid of the calendar (click the little triangle next to the day Fri) and lose the pie chart, then the machine settings and additional diagnostics will show up. You can turn off the pie chart by going to File | Preferences | Appearance . I'd leave the event flags on - if / when you do get events it's good to see how they are spaced through the night and how they relate to pressure, leaks etc.

You can attach the image to your post so that it is hosted here at Apnea Board. That way if anything goes wrong at Imgur (eg if they go to  pay-per-view model like Photo Bucket did) your image is still available here. The main thing is to keep the number and filesize of your images down to a reasonable size as it costs Apnea Board quite a lot in server and bandwidth to host images.

Yup! These are pretty typical AHI levels. I would say, of the few nights I've done CPAP, my numbers have been 1 or below. There was even a night of 0.00. 

I'll be closing the calendar and lose the pie chart too! 

I couldn't get the attachments to work properly, but imgur seems to be pretty solid. Hope they don't adopt a pay model, or else reddit will crash with all the broken links!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also drop the mask pressure graph and add in flow limitations although I don’t expect to see much worth worrying about
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2019, 01:27 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: You can also drop the mask pressure graph and add in flow limitations although I don’t expect to see much worth worrying about

Thanks, I'll do that as well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2019, 04:25 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: First, you seem to be doing pretty darn well if that is typical. The question now is "How do you feel?"

I forgot to address your question here. 

I don't think I feel any differently. I am quieter when sleeping, of course, since the machine prevents snoring, but I don't think I'm feeling like I'm super energized or any of those "immediate" benefits that many people have commented after using cpap just after the first month.

I'm actually disappointed about that, as I was hoping to increase my daytime concentration and memory recall, but perhaps this will take some time. I know I was snoring from at least ten years back, as that's when my roommate told me that I was a loud snorer. Of course, there's many years of "damage" to help undo.
Post Reply Post Reply
This will be more obvious when you post a corrected chart, but your settings are at 6.0 to 10.0 with EPR at 3. You appear to be using Ramp for 15-20 minutes at 4.0. As you can see your pressure nearly immediately goes to 8.0 when ramp ends. and stays near the maximum 10.0 most of the night. If you're game, I would turn off ramp, set the minimum to 7.0 and maximum to 11.0 and keep EPR full time at 3. That's going to provide you with a better supply of air when you begin, and should feel better. Use ramp if you must, but these pressures are not that high. What we can see looks great. I rarely see this near-zero AHI. The RERA derives from flow limitation, so that chart is something to include.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

You can attach the image to your post so that it is hosted here at Apnea Board. That way if anything goes wrong at Imgur (eg if they go to  pay-per-view model like Photo Bucket did) your image is still available here. The main thing is to keep the number and filesize of your images down to a reasonable size as it costs Apnea Board quite a lot in server and bandwidth to host images.

I'm having trouble with SH on my older laptop (built in SD card slot), so I'm heading down to the store to buy an SD card adapter for my desktop. No matter how many times I clicked on "File," I was not able to bring up any menus. I was able to successfully close the calendar, though. As soon as I get back tonight, I'll post up new pictures per your instructions. 

(03-10-2019, 06:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: This will be more obvious when you post a corrected chart, but your settings are at 6.0 to 10.0 with EPR at 3. You appear to be using Ramp for 15-20 minutes at 4.0.  As you can see your pressure nearly immediately goes to 8.0 when ramp ends. and stays near the maximum 10.0 most of the night.  If you're game, I would turn off ramp, set the minimum to 7.0 and maximum to 11.0 and keep EPR full time at 3.  That's going to provide you with a better supply of air when you begin, and should feel better.  Use ramp if you must, but these pressures are not that high.  What we can see looks great. I rarely see this near-zero AHI.  The RERA derives from flow limitation, so that chart is something to include.

Thanks! I will give these a go. Now that I know how to access the clinician's menu, I can make these changes. I do feel like when I first put the mask on, that breathing is a little difficult. I can almost sense my heartbeat, if that makes any sense. I have to stop focusing so much on breathing and distract myself with a YouTube video or something before breathing becomes more natural. Hopefully these settings help.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the menus aren't responding, you might be in full screen mode. Press F11 to toggle in or out of that mode.

It shouldn't be a problem with your A10, but some external card readers don't recognise the lock on the SD card, which leads to problems with older machines like my S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2019, 04:25 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: As for the image, if you get rid of the calendar (click the little triangle next to the day Fri) and lose the pie chart, then the machine settings and additional diagnostics will show up. You can turn off the pie chart by going to File | Preferences | Appearance . I'd leave the event flags on - if / when you do get events it's good to see how they are spaced through the night and how they relate to pressure, leaks etc.

(03-10-2019, 10:01 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: If the menus aren't responding, you might be in full screen mode. Press F11 to toggle in or out of that mode.

It shouldn't be a problem with your A10, but some external card readers don't recognise the lock on the SD card, which leads to problems with older machines like my S9.

What do you guys think of this image? 

[Image: TD2rsd7.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 117 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,846 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 269 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,114 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.