Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this legit (seller of used autoset)?
Is this legit (seller of used autoset)?
I am looking to buy a used machine and contacted a seller of a used Resmed autoset s9, asking why they were selling it, whether there are any defects, how many hours of usage and this was their response. Legit or not?

Seller’s response:

Yes, it is available. Yes, the machine is perfectly functional and ready to be used straight away. It includes a brand new filter and UK power supply. This particular machine originates from the company which sells them and rents them out. They buy them in bulk and decommission them in a period of time regardless of the individual conditions. The positive side of this is that I can occasionally pick up machines that are in good or in perfect conditions, mildly used, etc., and, in addition, I will be able to give you a warranty for your peace of mind. This particular machine has just got 1550 hrs (in other words, around 6 months) of total use. So, I am happy to sell this machine along with the detachable humidifier for £249 with 1 month warranty to make sure everything is OK.

Anyway, can I please ask you to consider a few things before making any decision.

This is an automatic (autoset) version of resmed s9 machines. You must've been aware, just in case, the main benefit of automatic cpap machines is that unlike the fixed pressure cpap machines the automatic machines constantly adjust treatment pressure in real-time. For the fixed pressure machines, the individual treatment pressure needs to be determined in the hospital or in the lab, and it needs to be re-evaluated from time to time.
In order to start a cpap therapy anyone needs the machine, a mask and tubing. The last two are widely available online. This machine can be used with any standard cpap tube and therefore with any cpap mask, any brand, any type. And you can use this machine with your existing mask, if you have got one. Anyway, I can add a brand new cpap tubing for £10 extra and I can also add a brand new, sealed cpap mask for £40 extra. This mask is over the nose and mouth full face mask. In case it's needed, the mask also has an oxygen supply inlet.

The detachable resmed h5i humidifier is included in price. Unfortunately, the humidifier misses the water chamber as I intend to keep mine. It's really easy indeed to get a new one online. The probably cheapest and quickest option (3-5 days) to get it is from the official Resmed uk site.
[DME Link Removed] Search for Resmed H5i Humidifier tank in the Resmed UK website.  By the way, you can tick a vat relief box for discount and get a further extra 5% discount for registering on their website. And it's possible to use this machine on its own without the detachable humidifier permanently or temporary. That's why it's actually detachable one. In short, you can start the cpap therapy straight away, however, you would need a water chamber if you want to use the machine along with the humidifier. You can obtain a water tub later if you decided you needed it.

Please let me know what exactly you'd like to have and if you need a delivery or ok with the collectio

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this legit (seller of used autoset)?
Don't know whether this is legitimate or not, but it seems a bit pricey for a used machine that is now two generations behind. Plus you'll need to add a water chamber and maybe a travel case. If it were me I'd pass and wait for a lightly used Airsense 10 to come along.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this legit (seller of used autoset)?
We see Resmed S9 machines Model #36005 on the used market frequently, and 1550 hours is not an unusual number of hours. In the U.S. many of these machines seem to be marketed on DotMed, which you can look up. Machines of all types are in short supply and your quoted price seems pretty good, give the similar machines on Dotmed are being quoted at $400 to $550, with the lower price range having considerably higher hours. Most machines on Dotmed, like your supplier, are being sold used by suppliers that cannot sell the S9 out the front-door to retail, insured customers. I think the deal is completely legit and a decent price, particularly in the U.K. where used machines are relatively uncommon to find. The H5i water chamber is the correct one to install in the humidifier for the S9, and it is typical for these machines not to include a used humidifier or to include one new, as this part is in contact with the patient circuit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 442 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,185 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,860 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 755 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,237 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.