Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this normal for a nasal mask ?
RE: Is this normal for a nasal mask ?
I wear a chin strap to help keep my mouth closed. If I'm not sleeping with my wife I can sometimes skip it as my mouth will stay closed most of the night and my mouth leak is pretty minimal and only in very deep sleep. My wife says the noise is worse than my snoring though.

I've heard you can "learn" to keep it shut by practicing the tongue placement. Eventually you may be able to stop wearing the chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this normal for a nasal mask ?
Those of us who are "jaw clenchers" (me!) sometimes have to train the tongue NOT to grip the roof of the mouth so hard that you can push a hole right through it. My tongue is so well exercised that it is probably the strongest muscle in my body. And that's not from talking (I'm an introvert), it's from pushing against the roof of my mouth. I have to stop myself from doing it during the daytime as well as during the night. Smile

So don't learn too hard, or you'll have another problem. No, I don't suppose one can learn this problem, not really.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 211 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 418 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,078 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.