Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this real Cheyne Stokes Respiration or not ?
RE: Is this real Cheyne Stokes Rerspiration or not ?
Thanks so much for all the help.

I do have another question. How unusual is it to see a CA event flagged when the machine was turned off. I made a bathroom trip and had turned it off and all the graph lines end then about 10 sec. later, a CA event was flagged.

Making me wonder if I should be concerned about the accuracy of the machines reporting accuracy and function now.

Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say it's very unusual to flag an event from a turned off machine and nobody was wearing the mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
can you provide a screenshot of this? it's so odd - one would assume it's impossible - it'd be interesting to see what's going on.

as for accuracy, I believe it's as simple as this: generally, the rule of thumb is it's appropriate to discount events when we're awake while sleeping events should be taken seriously.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wil post this evening.

I am curious. Is there a possibility that keeping the mask on after waking and trying to fall back asleep for a decent amount of time actually drive development of CA and breathing ussues during day ?

Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
on the contrary, I'd like to think the machine trains us to breathe more regularly, both asleep & awake, but I have no factual basis for this.
Post Reply Post Reply
            Thanks to everyone again.

Been experimenting with some settings and seems to help with EPR down to 1.

I am concerned though of a couple of periods over the last 3 days that appear to be CSR or periodic breathing showing again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is one additional.

Thanks again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This is all happening at the tail end of your night. It makes me think that you are in the process of waking up when we all have a tendency to hold our breaths and mimic centrals. Unfortunately, our machine cannot tell when we are awake, let alone what sleep state we are in. Thus I tend to discount these centrals. You can certainly try to set EPR=0 or off. When you see CSR think Periodic breathing which is not nearly as bad. When you really need to be concerned is when you see the PB over extended periods of time and over much of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. I was hopeful in that it seemed like PB but I am still new so it doesn't take much to cause concern.

Also, what you are describing could happen at any other time of waking and going back to sleep I assume. 

Thanks again.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !
Post Reply Post Reply
                            Just wanted to check back in and get some opinions on my latest numbers.

The intermittent "CSR" flagged by my ResMed machine once again appears to be periodic breathing that seems to be starting at around 6:00-6:30 am.

I would just like someone to take a look and help me decide if there is anything to be concerned about. Overall my therapy seems to be improved since I last posted but some things still crop up that cause me to woory.

I appreciate all the help and information everyone graciously provides.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 113 9 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 282 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 229 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 119 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 267 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 347 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 877 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.