Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this real Cheyne Stokes Respiration or not ?
Cheyne-Stokes follow-up questions
            Just wanted to check back in and get some opinions on my latest numbers.

The intermittent "CSR" flagged by my ResMed machine once again appears to be periodic breathing that seems to be starting at around 6:00-6:30 am.

I would just like someone to take a look and help me decide if there is anything to be concerned about. Overall my therapy seems to be improved since I last posted but some things still crop up that cause me to woory.

I appreciate all the help and information everyone graciously provides.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne-Stokes follow-up questions
            Here are a few of the detail charts as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last one.

Thanks all !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This is hard when you start new threads, I need to review your earlier threads to give a proper reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for that. I did post it first in a continuance of my original thread. Just wasn't sure if it would be noticed to get replies.

I appreciate your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this real Cheyne Stokes Respiration or not ?
I have merged the new thread with the previous one with the same subject on CSR. Please keep this topic together to help us to help you.

The pattern is similar to what we have seen before, and is clearly a central apnea pattern where you reach your apneic threshold (CO2 drops) and respiratory drive slows or stops momentarily. Chances are that this is not very diCsruptive to your sleep, and the overall result is that oxygen and CO2 are varying in a small range. There might be an argument for reducing EPR to 1 to see if that can stabilize your respiration. The episodes of CA events and periodic breathing occur during a fairly small part of the night. There also is a cluster of OA at the end of the session that might benefit from the higher EPAP pressure that would result from reducing EPR to 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just reduced it to 1 within the last two days to see if I can bring the numbers down.

It is so frustrating as I thought I had therapy finely tuned and had brought my numbers really down in the March - April timeframe then I am not sure but something changed within the last 2 weeks and numbers moved back up and anxiety way worse afterwards.

I will report back next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I really should not be concerned about this being flagged as CSR correct ?
Post Reply Post Reply
It IS periodic breathing, IMHO the label should say PB/Periodic Breathing, but ResMed calls it CSR so we do too.
That said Periodic Breathing should be looked at just to make sure it is not something potentially bad like 'real' CSR, and we ask you to have your doctor check it out where it almost always turns out to be 'not bad' and a non-issue, but, collectively, we all look out for you.

A property of Central Apnea is that it is consistent, let me rephrase that, it is consistently inconsistent. In other words it can bounce all over the place. The task at hand is often not so simple, to manage your apnea and achieve the best overall result for you that can be achieved. Our target is always zero, but the realization is that will never be achieved, and your comfort, in the end, will play a good sized factor where your settings end up.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is just worrisome as it doesn't have the sinusoidal profile and it is limited but not something I want to even see. I don't believe it is CSR but just needed another set of trained eyes to assuade me.

Thanks again everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 94 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 284 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 244 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 820 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 292 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.