Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting OSCAR after starting therapy
Interpreting OSCAR after starting therapy
Hi all,

I started therapy for mild OSA (AHI 8.7) a little over a week ago. There were a few days where I felt it was easier to get up in the morning, but otherwise I don't really feel different. Still very tired. My AHI has dropped to <3.0 every night, which is promising, and I'm finding the APAP comfortable and easy to fall asleep in, which I am really grateful for.

I understand that it takes some folks a while to feel better on xPAP therapy, so I'm going to stick with it and be patient. But, I wanted to see if anyone saw anything weird in my OSCAR data that might be out of whack. I'm seeing a decent amount of "Clear Airway" events, but I understand that those might be sleep-wake junk and/or treatment emergent central apneas.

I'm a 26M, BMI ~25. Excessive daytime sleepiness is my biggest symptom, but I clench my teeth, too (bruxism). I don't take any medications.

Does anyone see anything noteworthy on the screenshots below? Thanks so much.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 58 895 37 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 68 1,279 10 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 18 849 04-16-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 585 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 486 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.