Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this sleep apnea? Im new.
Is this sleep apnea? Im new.
Hello,

in the past years, i slept sometimes not good and i have 24/7 brain fog since 7 years.

I thought it is my TMJD, because i bite on my jaw hard or so. But recently, i have no pain with my TMJ or like that, my atlas C1 spine is fixed and in correct position.
Yet the brain fog did not go away and im still tired every day. I describe the brain fog, like its on alcohol and the visual is not sharp.

My mind also not working perfectly, like its forgetting so much things and hard to remember past events.

But i noticed that i breathe hard while sleeping, like too less air is coming out or in and sometimes my togune falls back and blocks the airway upon fall asleep. I have dust and mites allergy, that sometimes blocks one of the nose ways.

And sometimes i wake up in the night or i constantly change my sleep positions.

Recently, i got Diabetes Type 1 diagnosied, so i thought, it might be connected to sleep apnea.

My father had also sleep apnea at his 40s age, so i got the idea, that i might get it too.

In 2 weeks, i have an appointment with ENT and mobile testing at home, and if something fishy, i get real sleep study after.

Is this symptoms likely UARS or sleep apnea 100%?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this sleep apnea? Im new.
How do you answer these questions
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stionnaire

Also go look up The Snore score and answer those questions.

Those two will give you a good idea. If you have a partner have them answer the questions to related to you.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Im 34 years old, so i dont have a partner.

It says 7 points, every category is postive.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the Berlin test is positive. Tell the doctor your results. You most likely have Sleep apnea. The symptoms you described are pointing to sleep apnea.

What’s the answers to this one. The more yes the higher the indicator.

http://www.sleepapnea.org/wp-content/upl...-score.pdf
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:03 PM)factor Wrote: If the Berlin test is positive.  Tell the doctor your results.  You most likely have Sleep apnea.   The symptoms you described are pointing to sleep apnea.

What’s the answers to this one. The more yes the higher the indicator.

Yes, 4 yes in this, i have high blood pressure 6 months after TMJ event has happened and was constantly tired, but i did not fall asleep.

Im checking with doc soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good you need. Sleep study.

Once you get tested and all report back. If you do get cpap. Ask for a Resmed device.

Good luck. Stay well.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:18 PM)factor Wrote: Good you need. Sleep study.

Once you get tested and all report back.  If you do get cpap. Ask for a Resmed device.

Good luck.  Stay well.

I will get Resmed 10 device as soon the diagnosis is finished, actually, im from Germany too.

I saw your signature that you have high AHI in start and now is well... will it damage the brain permamently if untreated?
Post Reply Post Reply
To much of most anything can damage the brain beer, and extra bratwurst... Big Grin  Well I assume if you go your entire life untreated it could.  They say it helps bring on high blood pressure, diabetes and shortens your life span..  The sooner you find out the better.  The sooner you get treated the better.  So we can put years back on your life and stop taking them off.   I was a-lot older than you I am just fine.  Feel great.  Look forward to hearing back from you.  Dont forget to come back because we want to help you. 

I am in USA in Tennessee.  I love all people.  My wife is German by heritage.

My story http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid399821
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 06:19 AM)firecooler Wrote: In 2 weeks, i have an appointment with ENT and mobile testing at home, and if something fishy, i get real sleep study after.

Welcome to the board.

The sleep test is your answer.    

If you read more on this board, you can be better prepared for the process of getting a CPAP machine.  You should especially read the information about which machine to get, and how to avoid your DME (CPAP seller) from screwing you with a bad machine and other things.

Unfortunately, you really need to do a lot of your own management of your treatment.  The medical system is too caught up in their own profit and other concerns to do a good job treating apnea.

The process of dealing with the medical system is very bad in the USA.  It's probably a bit better in Germany, but still bad in some ways.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:43 PM)firecooler Wrote: I will get Resmed 10 device as soon the diagnosis is finished, actually, im from Germany too.

I saw your signature that you have high AHI in start and now is well... will it damage the brain permamently if untreated?

Brain damage is one of the worries, but don't get too frightened by that. 

Think of untreated apnea as being like smoking or drinking.  It increases your risks long term, and does slow, cumulative damage in varying degrees over time.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 286 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.