Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
I was just after a bit of advice. I purchased a brand new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset about 3.5 months ago. The past few days I have noticed that the machine is very loud when I take a breath, it sounds like Darth Vader! Is this normal for this model machine? I just wanted to check as I paid $2000 AUD for it and will need to have it repaired or replaced if it's faulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Sound file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8930nmdvuvk16l...e.m4a?dl=0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
That sounds a tad bit off. Do you have your humidifier filled with water to the water line?

My suggestion is go back to your DME and try another machine in the office. Ensure the settings in the office are set to your maximum pressure and listen there. Use straight CPAP mode and then enable/disable EPR.

I am curious if these sound issues are the "new normal" for Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have the humidifier filled to the max line. It sounds like the machine has lost it's seal from around the humidifier. The machine has been purchased outright so I will have to send it back to Resmed to have a look at it. I am pretty sure this machine wasn't this loud when I first started using it! I was just wondering if people that have this machine have the same problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
hard to tell just how loud it is and where the mic was. When my machine makes noise differently than normal, I wiggle the humidifier chamber left to right and get it seated again. Also make sure the all those silicon seals are clean and dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2016, 09:54 PM)Ronberta Wrote: I was just after a bit of advice. I purchased a brand new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset about 3.5 months ago. The past few days I have noticed that the machine is very loud when I take a breath, it sounds like Darth Vader! Is this normal for this model machine? I just wanted to check as I paid $2000 AUD for it and will need to have it repaired or replaced if it's faulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Sound file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8930nmdvuvk16l...e.m4a?dl=0

I have an Airsense 10 Autoset for Her and my machine started making this noise about at the 6 month mark. I replaced the humidifier tank with a new one and it stopped. You can get a new one from your DME or just get one from Amazon for about $30 USD.
Post Reply Post Reply
Surely the clip is highly amplified. I can't hear much noise except for the respiration sound. Perhaps try Vaseline on the humidifier ports. Works for the whistling I get sometimes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2016, 09:54 PM)Ronberta Wrote: I was just after a bit of advice. I purchased a brand new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset about 3.5 months ago.

I bought the AirCurve 10 VAuto about 4 months ago and it's still as whisper quiet as it was when it was new.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is very loud and makes an whining/whirring sound when you breath in and out at the set pressure. Very hard to get back to sleep if you wake up. Not happy with the machine from a noise point of view.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the humidifier is pushed all the way in to the machine and that the seals are all good with the gasket in the humidifier and humidifier to machine openings. Bad seals make bad noises.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 357 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 206 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.