Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying it again, my cpap relasp
RE: Trying it again, my cpap relasp
As I understand it, Philips bought Respironics that bought REMstar. Your model could be listed under the Philips-Responics name. You might need to request your model's manual via email. Additionally, at the bottom of the CPAP Manual Setup page there is a link to a picture gallery to aide in determining which model you have.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying to figure out what machine you have. Based on how old it is, I suspect it is a M-series Auto. Does it look like this?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=455]

If so, that flap above the three round buttons lifts up to reveal a display screen and some additional buttons we can use to get into the clinical setup. There will also be a slot on the back-right that holds a smartcard for data. Before we go any further, is this your machine?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkmxe-dP2XqfeJfw0SbDU...VqgMJG-DSh]

Or does your machine look like this:

[Image: Respironics_PR_system_one_REMStar_Auto_h...S550HS.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you said you have bumped your pressure up so you already know how to get into the settings where you can switch from straight cpap to auto. It will say mode or something of that order and cpap to the right of it. select that just as you select the pressure setting and you can switch to auto mode.

Once in auto you will see a setting for min and max pressure. Set the min to probably 8 since your likely not getting enough air causing you to feel smothered and rip off the mask.

You can leave the max pressure at 20 if you want. Itll only go as high as it needs to anyway. Or you can set the max at a lower pressure like 12 or 15. Then it can only go up to the max you set instead of the full 20CMH2o
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.