Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is this true
Is this true
I was told by my NRMC rep that he could not give me the Resmed information and user guides because it was against the law in Florida. Does anyone know if this is true. I don't need them now since I found you great people. Just wanted to know if I was given more misinformation. Diane
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is this true
I really do not know the legal ramifications of sleep apnea therapy but what your Rep said sounds like a rationalization to get you off his/her back.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 11:55 AM)Diane Bart Wrote: I was told by my NRMC rep that he could not give me the Resmed information and user guides because it was against the law in Florida. Does anyone know if this is true. I don't need them now since I found you great people. Just wanted to know if I was given more misinformation. Diane

Did you get any books with your machine? I did. I cannot say for sure but I doubt that it is against the law to give user guides (especially how to troubleshoot, clean machine, change filters, etc.). It isn't hard to find a phone number to Resmed
Post Reply Post Reply
The user guide? As in the simple guide that comes with the machine??!!

I know Florida is weird and all but they can't be that freakin' weird. My bet is he's either misinformed or he is lying.

Maybe this "law" is only for medical devices. But I doubt the law exists. The manuals for these medical devices is about 25-50% "Thou Shall Not" rules and safety crap. I don't see them not giving it to the end user for fear of law suits ("But I didn't know I shouldn't use the CPAP in the shower!!")

If you mean the Clinician Manual, the one that tells how to get into the Sooper Sekrit internal menu, then maybe perhaps there would be a law against it in that weird state but I doubt it. If you want that manual, you can get it here.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 12:37 PM)me50 Wrote: Did you get any books with your machine? I did.
I did too but my book have no instructions on how to change the time on the clock* so you need to take the machine back to your provider to have it done. Sleep deprived lots cannot be trusted or have the mental capacity to perform such fiddly task

Legal or not , cannot tell you but from the language in which the clinical manual is written, it addresses the provider (not the patient) and telling them what to tell or advise the patient. PRS1 manual start with this this instruction: IMPORTANT! Remove this guide before giving the device to the patient

* Setting the clock http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_clock
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not receive any books with my machine, that's when I asked about manuals. I was not asking about tec. manual. Just wanted them for a quick reminder.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just ask him to show you the Florida statute that says this and see what he says.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Or better yet download the user guide from the Resmed web site , take it into the DME and ask "Is this the one I can't have?
The User guide is here - http://www.resmed.com/us/service_and_sup...c=patients
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 03:16 PM)Clay L Wrote: "Or better yet download the user guide from the Resmed web site , take it into the DME and ask "Is this the one I can't have?
The User guide is here - http://www.resmed.com/us/service_and_sup...c=patients
Users guides are not clinical manuals with the secret handshake, clinical manuals only available via Email from Apnea Board

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 01:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 12:37 PM)me50 Wrote: Did you get any books with your machine? I did.
I did too but my book have no instructions on how to change the time on the clock* so you need to take the machine back to your provider to have it done. Sleep deprived lots cannot be trusted or have the mental capacity to perform such fiddly task
Quote:Yep, us sleep deprived lots are very untrustworthy. Laugh-a-lot
Legal or not , cannot tell you but from the language in which the clinical manual is written, it addresses the provider (not the patient) and telling them what to tell or advise the patient. PRS1 manual start with this this instruction: IMPORTANT! Remove this guide before giving the device to the patient

I am not sure what the ResMed clinician's manual might have said but my DME did not even leave the data card with the machine.Huhsign

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you tell if these are true CAs and OAs? Kathy14225 24 1,343 11-08-2023, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AHI total average vs true AHI graphed hourly average Jessher 9 732 10-23-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Are the machine AHI numbers accurate? 92 to 2 seems too good to be true? apoleary 5 665 06-27-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Mask prices to good to be true ?? sauerkraut 11 1,033 03-25-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,804 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  Dreamstation ASV VS Aircurve S10 ASV problems reports, with which reports are true?? racprops 0 429 02-19-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: racprops
  Need help reading reported CAs as "true" or "false" JoyD. 1 485 01-25-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.