Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is upgrading worthwhile?
RE: Is upgrading worthwhile?
Unfortunate, but the no education from the supplier is pretty universal. So sorry you're not unique there. And we're just trying to pass on what we've learned since being educated ourselves. Respironics isn't bad, it's just that it's a different take. And for most the ResMed way of therapy delivery is more comfortable and more successful at the combat against apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I will now educate myself on face masks and head gear. I will start a new thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Start by reading the Mask Primer, see my signature for the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Fred. I buy masks online because it is cheaper but I have always been uncertain about vendors with a return policy. I presume they don’t throw away the return masks. So would I be sold a mask someone has used for a few days, returned it and is now sold to me?
Post Reply Post Reply
BobbieM I was in the same boat.
I replaced the old machine I was comfortable with at end of August. So it's virtually new.

I took the advice of the people here. Replaced my S9E (22,100 hours) with an S10 outset for her. It was prescribed as a cpap with prescription pressure of 13, same as my S9.

After listening to the people here, and taking time to become used to all this new stuff, I'm finally getting the results I've wanted for 30 years of treatment.

Difference? I'm waking up well rested. That's amazing. I'm not used to that!

I hope this helps you make a decision.

As well, the people here have so much skill you finally will get recommendations that will lead to treatment that works! Settings that are appropriate and meet your needs.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave. People here are really knowledgeable. Although I have been prescribed CPAP for some years, I had found compliance difficult because of the discomfort. I had no one to ask back then and sales people who are not themselves CPAP users can’t really give useful advice even if they were willing to take the time. I am now determined to follow through on my therapy properly. And, thanks to all you great guys offering help, I think I will be able to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do I look to find how many hours I have used the machine? My machine was the Respironics BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2020, 09:30 PM)BobbieM Wrote: So would I be sold a mask someone has used for a few days, returned it and is now sold to me?

No. You would get a new mask still in its unopened factory packaging.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
anytime the replacement subject comes up, go for it. it's getting harder and harder to get a replacement without your old one being broken and not repairable. the thing about getting a new one every 5 years whether yours is broken or not is slowly coming to an end.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. That’s re-assuring.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curing CSA by upgrading to CRT pacemaker? Per Laursen 1 181 03-02-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Upgrading to ResMed 11 - looking for a second look at settings elcarrot 2 668 06-09-2023, 08:56 PM
Last Post: bobola
  After upgrading to Resmed 11 I have had awful sleep for the last 4 nights calmark 8 999 06-05-2022, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Server Issues, slowness, upgrading server soon [solved - server upgraded] SuperSleeper 8 1,259 03-15-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Upgrading to a AirCurve 10 VAuto isuckatsleeping 3 1,366 12-31-2018, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Upgrading to the AutoSet! Stargazer 4 2,157 04-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Stargazer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.