Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is your doctor taking pharmaceutical kick-backs?
This is horrifying !!   & I don't know if we have a law in Oz to reveal their kickbacks.
How about the tax side of it?
and Are people receiving treatment for a genuine disease or are people being treated even when they're not sick?
This behaviour leaves sick people wide open for deceit & being swindled & dying because of incorrect treatment.
There once was a dentist here who drilled kids teeth when they had no cavities.  He was found out but not until he damaged many children.  He was the only dentist in a town of 5,000 people.  Not all practitioners are honest.  Kickbacks are clearly dishonest.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hmm I found my original pulmonary doc was on the list. My original primary care which was a great doc, no sarcasm, didn't show up.
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
Over here I would say we were more concerned with improving our third world medical system than on the level of kickbacks.

Having worked for a pharmaceutical company for many years on non human medication, I can assure you that there was plenty of money floating around.
Post Reply Post Reply
heh. SWMBO's doc is in there gittin' it with both hands!  Grin

Sure looks like he's been eatin' purty good lately...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2018, 08:08 PM)mrsmagoo Wrote: This is horrifying !!   & I don't know if we have a law in Oz to reveal their kickbacks.
How about the tax side of it?
and Are people receiving treatment for a genuine disease or are people being treated even when they're not sick?
This behaviour leaves sick people wide open for deceit & being swindled & dying because of incorrect treatment.
There once was a dentist here who drilled kids teeth when they had no cavities.  He was found out but not until he damaged many children.  He was the only dentist in a town of 5,000 people.  Not all practitioners are honest.  Kickbacks are clearly dishonest.

A few dentists have been caught on the fiddle, a friend of mine was very nearly caught up in a dental scam.

Worst doctor case in recent years was carried out over a 14 year period, where the doctor lied to patients, performed botched and unnecessary mastectomies, and he was the one that was actually found out!

From my experience many are Snake Oil salesmen.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
My GP is on the list for 10 payments in 2015 totaling $150 with a category of "food and beverage." It doesn't have anything newer.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2018, 11:09 AM)AlanE Wrote: My GP is on the list for 10 payments in 2015 totaling $150 with a category of "food and beverage." It doesn't have anything newer.

Do they have a shiny new coffeemaker? Thinking-about
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to read the listing carefully. A couple of the doctors on my list I know (I go to that ophthalmology clinic) get money for royalties for equipment they designed (it's listed as royalties too). There are only about 180 doctors in the country who do what they do, so a lot of stuff they do they have to invent themselves.

I found my GP on the list. $14 reimbursement on a class. Not even enough for dinner. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2018, 08:08 PM)mrsmagoo Wrote: There once was a dentist here who drilled kids teeth when they had no cavities.  He was found out but not until he damaged many children.  He was the only dentist in a town of 5,000 people.  Not all practitioners are honest.  Kickbacks are clearly dishonest.

When I first moved back to Minnesota (moved at 9, moved back at 19), the first dentist I had said I 3 cavities. I was really surprised since I had no cavities 6 months earlier.  I had him drill one, because that was all the money I had.  My childhood dentist then took me back as a patient and I demanded the Xrays from the first dentist. There were no cavities.  That guy lost his dental license after the state examined his records. He'd been doing it for years.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(03-07-2018, 10:32 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: You have to read the listing carefully.  A couple of the doctors on my list I know (I go to that ophthalmology clinic) get money for royalties for equipment they designed (it's listed as royalties too). There are only about 180 doctors in the country who do what they do, so a lot of stuff they do they have to invent themselves.

IMO I'm fine with that, as in royalties for help or payment in development.

Coffee
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patient feedback for the Doctor DanGagner 1 582 01-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post: mrsmagoo
Angry Rate your doctor Phill 21 2,005 04-27-2016, 01:27 AM
Last Post: dawoodsman
  How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office me50 3 1,112 02-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: archangle
  [News] New Study: Stop taking those antioxidants! ApneaNews 1 958 05-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Last Post: retired_guy