Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Issue transitioning from Dreamstation BiPap to ResMed 10 VAuto BiLevel
RE: Issue transitioning from Dreamstation BiPap to ResMed 10 VAuto BiLevel
In general, yes, if you are susceptible
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, it's if you are in fact susceptible to Centrals. And we don't really know the results of that yet till you are at bat again.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ive started a sleep diary this morning, in my iPhone notes.  

Am headed out the door to my stressful job, Happy Thursday folks…
Post Reply Post Reply
Like you, I used the Dreamstation for some months then recently switched to the Resmed vAuto. For the first few nights I was very uncomfortable with the pressure and woke up feeling not rested at all. Then I discovered by accident that the vAuto has settings for the type of mask being used. I use nasal pillows and found out only by accident that my machine was adjusted for a full face mask. After I re-adjusted the settings to pillows, the therapy pressure immediately became much more comfortable. No doubt your situation is much more complex but it might be worthwhile checking if your machine has the correct mask settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind when I try the Aircurve again. 

I had appointment today with a new sleep Dr specializing in pulmonary medicine. He believes the small number of CA events I have are caused by my therapy.  

He suggested I first raise epap from 8 to 9 then assess a day or two, then lower my ipap max from 18 to 16 then assess day or two.  Then followed by changing flex from 3 to 2. 
Will try on DS tonight and tomorrow, then will try ResMed Saturday night. That’s the plan for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Am still dialing in my Dreamstation auto-bipap. 

After changing flex setting from 3 to 2, and reducing PS from 4 to 3.5 min./4 max my AHI went to 1.2 with no CA or OA events. Hypopneas cane in at 8.  

What is next step to best address the hypopneas without significantly increasing CA and OA?
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I changed Dreamstation PS from 3.5 to 4.  AHI was 0.7 with 1 CA and 3 hypopneas.  Not sure if there are any other things I could do at this point to optimize.

BTW…
My original Intent was to set up Airsense unit and start using immediately but thought it would make more sense to get the DS settings dialed in first - with the expertise given on this forum - then move on to the setting optimization of the Airsense and finally the use of that unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
If me, I'd rather stick with titration of one or the other PAP machine. You'll find that these PAPs, being different brands, will feel very different in breath patterns and how they respond to therapy. It's going to feel very different and like you're starting over.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When using my DS a-bipap with epap 9, ps 4 and biflex 2, my exhale feels more complete when compared to the ResMed Aircurve 10 vauto with same epap and ps.  

I did try lowering the Aircurve epap to 7 while increasing ps to 6… but still didn’t notice as thorough of exhale as compared to the DS. 

Is there a specific combination of setting changes I can try to mimic the effect of biflex 2 setting?  Thanks…
Post Reply Post Reply
In theory and according to Respironics, Flex is very much like ResMed's EPR. Real life usage says they're not close in being the same at all. This also pertains to the whole machine. Since the ResMed targets different info to run the algorithm than the Respironics, it's going to be difficult to set a ResMed up in any way to feel like Respironics. I think it'll be easier on you to just do a self-titration on the ResMed and skip the Respironics adjustments. I believe these 2 machines are so different, you could not plug in an identical pressure set on both and get the same treatment or therapy feel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 13 36 minutes ago
Last Post: cps22
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 94 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 854 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,963 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.