Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

what einstein said
RE: what einstein said
(05-14-2017, 04:12 PM)xxyzx Wrote: Low O2 is dangerous for sure. But why dont we measure that at home as a given to prove that the apneas and hypopneas are not significant.

Apneas and hypopneas can cause problems even if they're not accompanied by significant O2 drops. They can prevent you from getting the sleep you need to function properly.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(05-15-2017, 05:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 04:12 PM)xxyzx Wrote: Low O2 is dangerous for sure. But why dont we measure that at home as a given to prove that the apneas and hypopneas are not significant.

Apneas and hypopneas can cause problems even if they're not accompanied by significant O2 drops. They can prevent you from getting the sleep you need to function properly.

true

but my concern is low O2 with 'okay' AI index 
since anything over 10 seconds counts it is an average of meaningless numbers
 a lot of short ones will not be as bad as a lesser number of real long ones 

the neighbors keep me from getting good sleep more than the apneas do
(05-15-2017, 02:55 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 08:45 PM)xxyzx Wrote: i agree with correlation
some even strongly

but imho the actual O2 min is vital information

apneas can be >10 seconds
or > 10 minutes
> 10 hours you are probably dead

Well, but you don't need an oxymeter to tell you how long your apneas are.  Just use sleepyhead and you get all that information.

O2 levels may be important, but absent some other underlying condition you can get all you need to know from a modern *PAP machine.
  i need one to know how low my o2 level went

you get a lot from a modern machine but not all you need
and  you get far better from one with an oximiter
Quote:I need to know how low my o2 level went

Get yourself a recording pulse oximeter. There are plenty of threads about them on this forum.

This thread is going nowhere so I'm going to close it.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.