Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Issues moving from CPAP to APAP
RE: Issues moving from CPAP to APAP
Hi bhamill,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with getting your machine dialed in to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hydrangea is absolutely correct. Put it in Auto mode and set min and max to 7. This will give you all your graphs back. I think you are right about shooting for either a fixed pressure or a very tight range. I personally find my best treatment when set at 9.5-10.5. 

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure about IMGUR and pictures of the data (I do not know what the "four spaces" advice means). Since this is my 4th post I will try again after it registers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure about IMGUR transfer (I do not know what the "four spaces" advice means).

As a test I am copying the huge thumbnail URL with png added as a test.

http: //imgur.com/3Um1AH9.png][Image: 3Um1AH9h.png][/url]

This is the only data SleepyHead recorded for Tuesday night’s CPAP at 7.
If this works I will post last night’s results.
Post Reply Post Reply
All right. I literally inserted 4 spaces after the https: and it seems to have worked.

Here is my data for last night (Wed.). My quick observations are:
1) AHI always goes up on any APAP setting versus CPAP irrespective of ranges;
2) I peg at whatever the high end of the range is until 12ish.
3) I do not sleep as soundly or feel as good after any APAP settings yet;
3) I get intolerable gas above 10.

These are my graphs, but note I somehow ended up with four sessions. I copied the screen where all are green.
http://imgur.com/Gm7sXEW.png][Image: Gm7sXEWl.png][/url]
[Image: eOAUonQl.png]

What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bhammill, it is not that unusual for CPAP to be more comfortable and effective for some people. There are two ways to get CPAP pressure. First, you can set your machine to CPAP mode and set a pressure. Second, you can use Autoset mode, and set the minimum and maximum pressures the same. Sometimes that works better and records more data.

Your results are excellent, and all I can suggest is to focus on what makes you most comfortable and sleep the best. Whatever that is, you are already very close to your ideal treatment. In your latest graph, the setting of minimum 6.0 and maximum 9.0 resulted in the auto algorithm maxed out at 9 all night. It appears flow limitation is driving the pressure increases. Your AHI is very good, and if you're comfortable, you don't need to do anything, but these results suggest you might be able to use a higher pressure for the flow limits and hypopnea. That does not mean "auto" is always right. We often need to limit the APAP when we really don't need the higher pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 2 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 573 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 429 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.