Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Issues with CMS50D+ (V4.6) and SleepyHead
Issues with CMS50D+ (V4.6) and SleepyHead
I got my new CMS50D+yesterday, and I used it last night.   I am having issues downloading the data into SleepyHead.

The good news is that it does connect and download data.  The bad news is that it (apparently) randomly picked the date to load it into (since the CMS 50D+ doesn't have a clock.)

First some context:   Sleepyhead: 1.0.0-beta-2; CONTEC CMS50D+   IP22  (ver 4.6 firmware)  (with SpO2 Assistant v 3.0.0).  Windows 10 Home.

The data successfully loaded using "CMS50Fv3.7+/H/I, Pulox PO-400-500" option.  When I tried to use the "CMS50D+/E/F, Pulox PO-200/300" option, it appeared to be working for several seconds, then it got to 98% complete and displayed an error "Could not get data transmission from Oximteter.  Please ensure you selected 'upload' from the oximeter devices menu."  My device does not have an 'upload' option on the menu.  I did make sure the 'Record' menu option is off.

When I download using the CMS50F option, it loads to completion, and I am given a dialog to select the date and time of the session, but I can't select a date - the calendar shows the months, but no days.  It appears to think the year is "1'.  I can set the time.  Again, it imported OK, but not on the date I wanted.  (If there is is a way to move the data to a different date after it is loaded, that would work for me.)

I can see the data if I select the date in SleepyHead that it chose to import it to, but I really would like to see the correlation between the CPAP data and the oximeter data for the correct session.

I have also tried to "Import from a datafile saved by another program, like SpO2Review" but the file format is not compatible.   The warning message says: "No Oximetery module could parse the given file: ..."  The device came with SPO2 Assistant v 3.0.0, and I was able to load and view the data with that program.  I found the data on my C: drive and there is even a niffty (and large) CSV file with all of the data, but none of the formats are compatible with SleepyHead, apparently.  In the data directory is a txt file with a bunch of name/value pairs, including "startTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00."

I'm guessing that CONTEC has changed the firmware in the device and it is no longer compatible with SleepyHead.  I assume I'm out of luck until Sleepyhead is modified to work with the new firmware.  Or at least the calendar is fixed so I can actually pick a date.  But just in case someone knows of some work-arounds, I thought I'd see if any ApneaBaord users have ideas.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Issues with CMS50D+ (V4.6) and SleepyHead
Supplier 19 has some manuals. If you go to their home page, look in the lower left and click n manuals.
Also, I have heard they are very helpful if you contact them.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Issues with CMS50D+ (V4.6) and SleepyHead
In sleepyhead, when the Calendar shows up for you to select the date, I can click then drop down to select the month, then I click the 0 next to the month and either use the numeric up down to go to the day or just type in the day and it has worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 676 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,597 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues Gralli 14 643 09-06-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Gralli
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 760 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Date Range Field - Usability issues TubularRush 0 436 04-30-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: TubularRush

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.