Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data software
Data software
I now have some CPAP software to compare to Sleepyhead & it is fair to say that in terms of clarity, ease of use, usefulness, amount of information & support that Sleepyhead wins hands down. The data software I have been looking at today, Devilbiss' Smartlink Desktop Ver.3 is slow, clunky in design, more difficult to understand, & has less information. In my opinion Sleepyhead is 1000% better.

To clarify, Devilbiss has 4 ways of providing the user/clinician with info. 1. A basic readout on the machine's screen.  2. An iOS/Android app which connects to the machine via bluetooth called the Smartlink app, 3. Smartcode - the machine provides a code which the user copies onto an internet website & 4.Smartlink Desktop.

No.2 - Smartlink app. I tried to download this via iTunes in Australia, but Devilbiss have not made it available on the Australian App Store, so consequently via devious means I managed to download a copy frm the USA App store. Installed it on my ipad & sucessfully paired ipad & machine - confirmed by both - but that is as far as I can get. It keeps telling me to transfer data, but the transfer fails every time. Each time the app reports that data has been updated, but no data shows up. As it is I don't think it is any great loss, as I believe the data it shows is the same as can be seen using No.3

No.3 Smartcode.  The information obtained via this method is so limited as to be virtually useless. It is clearly concerned more with compliance than therapy. I was very disappointed, not a waveform in sight. Only a tiny bit more info than on the machine's screen.

4. Smartlink Desktop App.  The clinician's manual for my machine describes it as providing breath by breath data - which it sort of does, just nowhere near as well as Sleepyhead. Some charts & graphs are 'blocky' & 'approximate', whilst the waveform charts are presented in a manner which make them far less accessible than Sleepyhead, & overall the amount of info is less. The package is clearly aimed at clinicians. This was the response I received from a Devilbiss representative after I sent an email asking if I could get a copy of it. 

Dear Sir,

The Smartcode feature provides average compliance data.
Usage, Apnea  / Hypopnea events, mask leak and percentile pressure.
For more detailed information you will need the Smartlink software.
This software is aimed at the clinician or doctors to interpret the data.
It is not really aimed at private individuals.
Most people on CPAP would not have the knowledge to use the software.
The software is not Mac compatible I’m afraid and there are no plans to release a version in the future.

I managed to download a copy from a link provided to me by an un-named US vendor, to whom I am grateful, & who as a result will get some custom from when I next need to purchase from the US.  Whilst I don't recommend the software, for Devilbiss users who have machines with an SD card it is unfortunately currently the best option. If anyone wants to try it (only runs on windows XP, 7 & 8 - not 10 & not Mac - this should tell you that it is old & 'past it' software needing a modern update) send me a PM.

I found the reality rather different to the description from Devilbiss at https://devilbisssmartlink.com where they write "DeVilbiss SmartCode revolutionized the industry with a convenient, free way for patients, physicians, clinicians and providers to obtain and review usage and efficacy data. Now the SmartLink Web App delivers 21st century, cloud-based advantages, starting with set it and forget it patient reporting and follow up, along with other advantages. "

I'll use the software just whilst I get used to the machine to aid in tweaking it for myself because there is no other choice, but the day that some caring soul makes Sleepyhead work with the Devilbiss Intellipap 2 (DV6 series) I'll dance a little jig of joy around my bedroom!.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data software
Cuppa, I encourage you to contact SuperSleeper by PM with this information. If you can make the software you have available, it can be used by those working with Sleepyhead to verify events and code. It's hard to say if or when that may occur, but the verification of code using the manufacturer software is an invaluable step to making a SH version available. Last year when updates for Philips and Resmed devices were intensively worked on, the use of Encore and ResScan was important to determining what parts of the code correspond to events, wave forms, settings etc.

Thanks for your investigative work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data software
Have done as you suggest Sleeprider.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.