Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Issues with shipping CPAP machines to Taiwan - Any advice?
RE: Issues with shipping CPAP machines to Taiwan - Any advice?
(10-11-2020, 08:12 PM)WWu777 Wrote:  Have you ever seen overseas shipping for $95? Is it plausible? 

A company can set whatever price they wish!  It's your choice whether or not to do business with them.  Presumably you knew what the shipping costs were at the time of purchase.
As you said in your first post:
Quote:Taiwanese customs may refuse the delivery and send it back, because there are customs restrictions on CPAP machines being imported here via mail.

so it is probably their way of insuring that the cost is covered in case the shipment is returned due Customs, lost in transit, etc.

As Dave said, they only one who can answer your questions regarding this is the supplier.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news.

The CPAP Supplier #2 has agreed to give me a partial refund on the shipping since the actual shipping costs were less than $95. That's nice of them.

Also, UPS contacted me and cleared my package through customs for me, so I should be getting it soon! Hurray! Smile

Thanks to you all for your help and guidance. Much appreciated. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
All you need is to place the order with a physician's prescription, as long as the prescription is attached within the shipment, no tax is required to clear the custom.

And remember, all related accessories, consumables are considered as part of medical items. Import goods without a physician's prescription or authority from the distributor may lead to administration's penalty or legal issue with a local distributor.

Physician's prescription forms can be manually generated online, print out, and have it signed then upload to attach.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 172 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 169 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 517 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,449 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 226 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 325 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 458 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.