Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It "bit" me!
Angry 
Having successfully avoided the hospital ER for the last eight weeks, I ended up there around noon on Friday. While mounting my new trike, I stepped too close the the front chainring (sprocket) and caught my right leg between the sprocket and the pedal. This idiotic move caused six of the chainring teeth to bite into my calf and leave a deposit of oil and grease in the punctures. Bleeding (what appeared to be) profusely, we called the family doc, who advised us to go to the ER.

In the ER, I was treated by the same PA who took care of me when I fractured my left elbow (and she remembered me). After cleaning the puncture wounds, we found that four were fairly minor. The other two are about one-half inch deep!

So now my wife has me looking for sprocket guards for the trikes!

Oh, we have been riding 5 to 12 miles a day for the last two weeks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bobg1946, Sorry to hear about your injury. It seems like if it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all, HUH? Hope your injury heals up and you can continue to ride, CONGRATS on that.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, if the emergency room staff are starting to recognize you, you may want another hobby. Like pillow stuffing.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Bob, you are starting to make me look good! ha! I hope you heal well with no infection! Be careful, will ya? We''d like to keep you around a bit....noboidy else knows the polling software! Dielaughing
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh my... not good Bob! Well, hope it's not too serious and that you get back on that contraption soon.

5-12 miles a day is fantastic... that will probably do more for your health than just about anything else, I think.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all you fine forum members!! Sue and I rode another 8+ miles today, including two circuits of the county park that caused the initial 'July 1 crash'.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply