Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board ... Sleepyhead results
New to the board ... Sleepyhead results
Hi,

Been lurking while I've spent a month attempting to get familiar with the new toy/treatment. Pink Floyd's 'Welcome to the Machine' song comes to mind.

Been doing a little reading here and thanks all for the advice you've offered and a special thanks to the software developer. Made changes to my registry so my Win 8.1 wouldn't write to an unlocked SD card, just in case I forget to set the lock.

All seems okay as most nights AHI usually reads under 1.00, there have been a couple of 3.0's and also a couple of 0.00's. It was a struggle for the first bit, couldn't get more than 4 hrs. but now getting 6-8 hrs. Usually the leaks occur after I get up to do the same. This machine wasn't my first choice but it was free through a provincial program (Canuck eh!).

Here'a a typical graph, hopefully these are the charts you'd like to see. Some of the text on the left side is very small but if I recall the graphs are most relevant. If there's a way to improve them ... please weigh in.

Mr. Snuffy

[attachment=1118][attachment=1119]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the board ... Sleepyhead results
Hello Snuffleupagus and welcome

I would be happy with charts like yours, maybe a chinstrap might helps with those leaks spikes
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Snuffleupagus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a chinstrap to help you get your mask leaks under control.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things:
- You want an AHI of less than 5.
- You want to wake up feeling good and go through the day feeling like you got a good sleep.

Get the two of those, and you are there.

You do have a slight leak issue, though. I had to zoom in to see the information. Why is it so small? You are using nasal pillows and a leak rate over 24 is generally too high. Given that the leaks are prolonged but low, I would say you are either leaking through your lips (vs mouth open wide) or the mask is getting dislodged just a little bit. Do you wake up with dried lips or mouth? Or wake up with the mask loose?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the warm welcome and tips.

Will put the chin strap on my list but I'm really enjoying how easy this mask slips on and off. Will go this route if necessary but I get many nights with low leakage.

To address Paula's questions:
PaulaO2 Wrote:Two things:
- You want an AHI of less than 5.
- You want to wake up feeling good and go through the day feeling like you got a good sleep.

Get the two of those, and you are there.

Feel I may be there, been going fairly well and have a little more energy.

PaulaO2 Wrote:You do have a slight leak issue, though. I had to zoom in to see the information. Why is it so small?

Was hurried, supper was ready and was trying to post 2 graphs and stay under 200k. I'll post last nights data just to test after adjusting software preferences.

PaulaO2 Wrote:You are using nasal pillows
Actually it's a nasal mask but think 24 is still the right number. This Swift FX Nano gets a 4 star rating and I would give it a five but what would a newbie know about rating masks Bigwink I was concerned about my goatee but this hasn't been too much of an issue.

PaulaO2 Wrote:Do you wake up with dried lips or mouth? Or wake up with the mask loose?
No, to both questions, didn't go into enough detail on the leaks but occasionally I wake and slide the mask up a little to clear sinuses without turning things off. This may account for some of the leaks seen in the previous graphs. Still playing with the humidity and temp to prevent sinus issues. Dropped humidity to 2.0 last night and mouth wasn't dry this morning. Used the same amount of water as a 3.5 setting.

Haven't seen this discussed much yet but have always felt that a cool bedroom temp. promotes better sleep, per some studies and per Dr. Oz, for whatever weight his words carry. Going to drop the S9 temp to 68 F tonight to keep the lungs/blood cooler. Going to have to do a search and see where others get their best results.

Snuffy

[attachment=1125]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,364 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 398 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 195 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 148 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 211 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.