Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data check -
Data check -
Well, I don't do data checks very often. This was probably my first check in the last 6 months. I installed SH last week just to see what was going on.

Selected 6 month results/average
Average hours per night: 06:44
Compliance: 100% (how it got that, I don't know because over Thanksgiving week, I was on the S-8 travel unit and no data was recorded for SH those nights)
Average AHI: 1.18
Obstructive Index: .42
Average Leak Rate: 1.73
90% leak rate: 6.00
Percent of time above leak threshold: 0.37%
Average pressure: 9.36
Max pressure: 15 (which is my max setting - I am thinking about bumping that up to 17 just to see how much higher than 15 I go over a month long period - but the other side of my brain says if it ain't broke don't fix it and all the other numbers are looking OK)
90% pressure: 11.60

So, I guess I'll check back sometime middle of next year.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data check -
To make the decision about the high end of the pressure range you really need more data than just a six-month average. 90% of the time you are at or below 11.60, 50% of the time you are at or below 9.36. Based on those numbers I wouldn't change anything.

You could look at the daily statistics and see which days your pressure pressure maxed out at 15. Then look at the graphs to see if you can figure out what made the pressure max out, and the amount of time it stayed maxed out at 15.

The other thing I'd do is look at the statistics in ResScan. If there are significant differences between what ResScan reports and what SH reports, that will affect your decision-making, too.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After posting, I looked at daily graphs for the last 3 months and I only hit 15 on two nights. On those two nights my AHI was 0.46 and 1.05. I don't consider those two nights out of 90 statistically significant. I'm not worried enough about it from a therapy standpoint to go to the trouble. Was just a little curious as to what it would take to bust the worst blockage I manifested in that time.

I've not yet reinstalled EncoreBasic, but I will before I go back for my annual physical, probably in February. I don't think doctors put much faith in SH, and maybe not in Encore (last year was the first time I bothered to take stat print outs, before that they just asked if I was using it how it was working for me), but I think them more likely to look at the Encore printouts coming from Phillips Respironics software and says so right on the page ....

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2015, 11:13 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I've not yet reinstalled EncoreBasic, but I will before I go back for my annual physical, probably in February. I don't think doctors put much faith in SH, and maybe not in Encore (last year was the first time I bothered to take stat print outs, before that they just asked if I was using it how it was working for me), but I think them more likely to look at the Encore printouts coming from Phillips Respironics software and says so right on the page ....

I thought you had a ResMed VPAP in your profile when I responded!

Anyway, yeah, EncoreBasic printouts match what the doctor is used to seeing, but it sounds like your doc doesn't look at them. If they don't ask you to bring your SD card in during office visits that's a sign they don't care about the data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 01:57 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I thought you had a ResMed VPAP in your profile when I responded!

Anyway, yeah, EncoreBasic printouts match what the doctor is used to seeing, but it sounds like your doc doesn't look at them. If they don't ask you to bring your SD card in during office visits that's a sign they don't care about the data.

You were looking at your own profile, weren't you?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
OMy,
You must feel pretty good most days not to look at your numbers for 6 months. Grin

I wouldn't change anything for now, but you may want to keep tabs on the reason your pressure goes up to 15. The days that your pressure went to 15 may be due to snores and not apnea events. The PR machines will raise pressure due to snores and flow limitations.

Check your data more often and try to determine what is causing the pressure to rise that high.

Good luck with your doctor visit. The only thing my doctor looked at was compliance and AHI average.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the PRS1 Auto 560, the algorithm always "tests" a higher pressure. Chances are if your therapeutic pressure under Auto reaches 14.0 cm occasionally, the machine will test 15.0 or more. There is no benefit to that pressure, and the machine returns to a lower pressure. I'm sure a review of the pressure waveform would show your max pressure occurs during one of these routine tests (sometimes called spikes, but they are really just gradual increases and decreases). An indication max pressure is not high enough, is when the pressure rises, and stays at the maximum setting for sustained periods, and especially when the maximum pressure equals 90% pressure.

Looks like you have it pretty well dialed in already.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 66 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 167 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,260 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,023 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 393 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using a CPAP to check sleep apnea Pierrec83 2 394 09-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: jwest
Wink Check these numbers out! Daveman 2 511 06-08-2023, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Daveman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.