Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It is still consistently inconsistent...
It is still consistently inconsistent...
Hello, long time ego, my post was about consistently inconsistent AHI/CSR values. It is still the same, despite trying different masks, settings, etc. Take for example last month:

The AHI values range from zero to 26.66; here's the one with zero AHI:

On the high end, AHI value of 26.66:

One of the differences I see between the two capture is the the breathing rate dropping down under five and back to 15 per minute for an extended period of time, like 30-45 minutes. Selecting the time period for the 30 minutes looks like a badly worn circular saw blade laid out horizontally. The CSR seems to be proceeded by CA and/or OA most of the times, albeit I don't recall clearing away, nor does my wife. The obstructive airway on the other hand could be the culprit for the runaway CSR and AHI values. Age and heart condition, high BP, etc., could also be the source of the issues,

I do wake up pretty well rested most of the times, regardless of the AHI/CSR values. What is the area that you'd suggest to research for the source of this issue?

TIA...
"Life is dream, awakening is death..."
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: It is still consistently inconsistent...
Where is your previous thread?

As an initial observation look at 10 minute views of the Periodic breathing to determine it's character meaning probable cause.
The duration of these periods is large enough and the character matches CSR (the fact that is labeled as such is way insufficient for that, and assuming this is fairly day to day consistent that CSR is actually CSR then a serious heart eval is in order looking for, among other things, CHF or Congestive Heart Failure

Now where is your other thread which would likely completely change this writeup?
Post Reply Post Reply
I found it, the thread had been called "Roller-coaster AHI..." from two years ego... Maybe it completely changes the current write up, maybe not. it seems to me that the issue had been pretty much the same since then.

The roller-coaster AHI mainly had been due to large leaks and different type of masks. I've learned a lot about different masks and some of the values Oscar shows in the report, but we didn't touch much CSR, nor was it really an issue to my recollection, and currently I am not certain where to place it in the overall evaluation. I've picked up on it in the daily reports since it is pretty much happening now every day. For example, it did happen everyday in the month of August so far; here's a ten minutes clip from the fourth:

It's obvious, that this is not good, but what is not obvious is that why is it happening with such a frequency?

Your CHF comment might be right after all, let me give you some background about that. I do have heart condition and high blood pressure, the latter one treated with pills. Toward the end of May, I changed my cardiologist and the new doc prescribed a new BP pill. With the new pill, my AHI was under one on average for 11 days in a row and no CSR. Since then, it's up and down for AHI/CSR values with increasingly more on the high side than the low and as of late consistently. That made me worry and that's the reason for my posting.

I'll need to call my doctors, the sleep apnea doctor first, who will discuss my results with my cardiologist. They arranged for a heart monitor for couple of days about two month ego, but it didn't show any issues during my sleep. That test might had been during that eleven days period, with low AHI. Thing change at any age, especially at my age, it seems that some additional testing is in order.

Thanks for your help...
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
It took ten days, but last night data has no CSR:

The only change that may have made the difference is the N30i nose pillow mask; replaced the new style N30i with filter, with the old style N30i with no filter.. The difference between old vs. new and their impact to breathing is discussed in this thread. Maybe this will make a difference for me, or may not, time will tell.
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 268 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 529 01-11-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Not able to achieve AHI below 1 consistently aslotaru 50 3,256 12-13-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: aslotaru
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  1.5 years on CPAP - inconsistent results bgusc10 1 539 04-07-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] AHI consistently increases through the night RTurner 7 1,001 12-11-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.