Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Sex: Male

It must be the dog-days of ......
Where the heck is everybody?? Huhsign You'd think the dog-days of summer were already here but it's only the end of May! Of course having temps in the high 70's to mid 80's (F) is not helping people adjust to the season. Annoyed-and-disappointed Makes one wonder what Summer is going to be like! Perturbed
05-29-2014 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

RE: It must be the dog-days of ......
(05-29-2014 12:54 PM)PollCat Wrote:  Where the heck is everybody?? Huhsign You'd think the dog-days of summer were already here but it's only the end of May! Of course having temps in the high 70's to mid 80's (F) is not helping people adjust to the season. Annoyed-and-disappointed Makes one wonder what Summer is going to be like! Perturbed

Well, speaking of the "dog days of summer" thing, I thought I'd just give you a little report about how best to deal with the "miserable cats of winter" thing.

Yes. Last winter a mom cat brought her kittens to us to take care of. So happens shortly later we had a very cold spell (for us anyhow) and we didn't think the kittens would last the night outside. So they came in the house. Where they've been ever since. Thus was born the miserable cats of winter. Actually, they weren't miserable, they were warm, well feed, had my bed to sleep on -- all of that.

Then come spring time! ..and I bundled up all the miserable cats and took them to the vet to have their "minds changed." Now they are not speaking to me. Still well fed, still sleeping on my bed....... But avoiding me like the plague.

Then a new dawn! A puppy comes home to live. The miserable cats are way unhappy with that thing. "What is it?" they ask, as it chases them under the bed. No longer able to tolerate these ongoing indignities, they move outside. Now, they don't speak to me, they don't do puppies!, and they don't sleep on my bed. They do demand to be fed at all times, but that's a small price to pay.

One puppy, no miserable cats in my house. Awww summertime! I'm loving it.
05-29-2014 01:19 PM
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

RE: It must be the dog-days of ......
Score one for the puppy~!

Meanwhile, I saw my Sleep Doc for the first time since '06 (when I last saw him - really bad on dates) and he told me I got my first machine in 1999, and got my current machine (2nd one) in 2006, so yes, I am due for a new one. No, I do not need a new study as I am an "old Pro" at this - his words <gulp>.

I asked him for his comments/thoughts on using an 'autoset' vs fixed settings? He said that except for two critical points, he likes them.
1) a newbie needs a full study with video - so any other possible issues can be ruled out or dealt with...
2)a number of folks on/using an autoset forget to at least check in or see him, so he doesn't know what they are doing, and may drift or have new issues and assume they are part of the old issue and not check in with him. He has no problem with his patients making settings changes at all, but wants to be kept in the loop in case anything raises a flag to him.

Makes sense to me.

Now waiting on the paper-shuffling...

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
05-29-2014 04:02 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Two in two days! cbramsey 4 1,258 04-17-2013 07:10 PM
Last Post: cbramsey