Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It's Officially Been One Month (31 days)
RE: It's Officially Been One Month (31 days)
Someone is a different thread recommended the caldera cervical collar. I managed to get my hands on one. I have to say it's definitely more comfortable than the "drug store" collar. It seems to be a lot softer and the material feels better on the skin. 

I do want to go on the record though and say if you have a manly sized neck, the large isn't really that large. It's actually a bit tight I imagine though it will stretch out a bit.

Anyway, here is the first night's chart with me using it. 

It actually came off in the middle of the night, and I didn't realize until I woke up at my "normal" 6 hour mark. Can you tell where it came off...I put it back on and added a couple more hours to round out the night. The last bit was crazy changes in pressure but no apnea's though so I'll take it. 

[Image: NKVc21I.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears your leak rate has been significantly reduced, and your pressures are more stable. That should give you more restful sleep. Your event rate is very low to nonexistent. Fantastic!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to make sure I am thorough in my exploration of options. I ordered a F20 Airtouch Full Face Mask. I have had bad results with FFM because I have a full long beard. I was hoping the resmed ads showing it working with beards wasn't all hype.  

I do so love my P10 but to absolutely get leaks down to single digits or zero, I need to use a chin strap/cervical collar because my mouth opens up. Not really a mouth breather but still. I haven't had success with chin straps (yet) and the cervical collar isn't bad but I am not a fan.

I got the F20 Air Touch to pass that mask fit screen and here is my first full night with mask. My only complaint is that I found it difficult to breath through my nose with the mask on. I ended up breathing through my mouth and it got a bit dry. Not like with it opening when doing the p10. I upped the humidity and temp we'll see how that goes. The difficulty may just be from the added pressure across the bridge of my nose.  

My original intent was to have a solid backup in the even cold or something. Turns out it was a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be. 

It's a wash between bulky face mask vs pillow mask + cervical collar in terms of which is more intrusive.

I was aroused only once though and that was at my normal ~6 hour mark which is when I wake up feeling fully refreshed typically. So subjectively, my sleep was really good with the F20.

I have found that my pressures are "higher" with both cervical collar and this mask. I know that most of my apena happened during REM according to my sleep study. Just conjecture on my part but I am fairly certain that the higher pressures are due to me sleeping deeper and not being aroused by the tornado coming out of my mouth when it flops open so sleeping deeper is a WIN for sure.

Here's the chart for the data hounds.

[Image: p3t0uMC.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you change the mask settings? I don't understand why a persistent leak is showing that looks like a baseline intentional vent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have any leaks. 

It was 0% large leaks. I did change settings to full face as well. 

I was speaking about leaks when using nasal pillows. 

Unless I'm missing something, this was perfect with respect to leaking. The threshold is 24 l/m my max was only 16.8 and 95% was 12.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool
keep it up!
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason Sleeprider asked is your chart if you look at it starts at a 7cm leak and maintains it. It should start at zero.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You got me....I was only looking at large leaks.

Should I be doing anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
No if you have the mask setting right and your sure you don't have a small leak than it's probably the machine didn't report it right.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Unless of course it’s air leaking past your beard but at not a high enough level to throw a large leak, it’s all just conjecture on our part good luck with the new mask
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 154 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,042 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 606 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.