Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It's been a while, too long really! Feeling bad. Having CAs
It's been a while, too long really! Feeling bad. Having CAs
Hi everyone, 

I've been gone a while, busy as all get out, and have had no time for anything, not even myself. I know it makes me a crummy member as I used to love helping people and talking to you guys and ladies. I wish I could have come back sooner, and for better reasons.

I'm an even worse member in my opinion now as I'm back because I need some help. Over the last month I've been watching my AHI go from 1 or 2 to 10. I haven't changed anything and I'm just getting more annoyed. I went to pull the data card finally today and realized it's been so long since I read my data that I don't even have anything to read the new machine with. Any help on what current software everyone is using, and anyone who knows this machine, would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT- Looks like Sleepy Head is now OSCAR......

I did wake up and try to go back to sleep at about the time the end is getting worse. I never even knew there was a "Clear airway apnea". So frustrating after all these years.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: It's been a while, too long really! Feeling bad.
Welcome back, stranger!  I see you found OSCAR v1.1.1.  Wise choice.  The OSCAR team has really put a lot of time and effort into making it more functional and correcting some erroneous reporting of the data.  Looking forward in seeing some of your charts.

Sleep-well
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really looks like a nice upgrade. Thanks for the welcome!

I did post a night above, what other charts should I post up? I thought last night which aggravated me the most would be good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus, when did you start tucking your chin. You have been here long enough to know I'm going to direct you to the Optimizing Therapy wiki, positional apnea section, and the Soft Cervical Collar wiki, both linked in my signature. Sorry this happened, but the fix is easy. I don't know why so much of your apnea on this chart is CA, but let's get after the positional stuff first, then see if we can work on pressure and PS to take care of the rest. Has it been your observation that most increase has been CA?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back Galactus!
Don't be so hard on yourself.  It's easy enough to be complacent when things go well.  Hang in there, as there are many here that will help.  I remember when I first joined this forum, you gave me some excellent advice.  

Does that graph represent a typical night on the VAuto?  You might want to try turning down the pressure support a bit to help with the Clear Airways.  There's also a Trigger setting that you can set to high.  

The Obstructives look positional, so take care of that first. Make one change at a time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, Galactus is back!

Wondered what happened to 'ya my friend.  Good to see you again, and I think you'll like OSCAR, the OSCAR Team has been really working hard on making a LOT of improvements, bug fixes and new features.  Looks sort of the same on the surface, but some major stuff going on under the hood.

Anyway, welcome back!    Thumbs-up-2
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2020, 08:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Galactus, when did you start tucking your chin.  You have been here long enough to know I'm going to direct you to the Optimizing Therapy wiki, positional apnea section, and the Soft Cervical Collar wiki, both linked in my signature.  Sorry this happened, but the fix is easy.  I don't know why so much of your apnea on this chart is CA, but let's get after the positional stuff first, then see if we can work on pressure and PS to take care of the rest.   Has it been your observation that most increase has been CA?

Howdy Sleeprider, Long time, no talk, love the profile pic, how's things? 

So I hear you on the positional, but I hate the collar (I think it goes back to when I was a kid, mom would chain me to the radiator with a collar and go off to work...) No, seriously, just joking, just hate the collars. 

I can live with my AHI at 0-2.5 with the few positionals here and there. It's this new CA increase that's killing me. Everyday I'm high it's the CA's. Can we start on the CA's first? 

I raised the pressure a night or two ago from 20 to 22, and it didn't seem to help. I probably should have looked at the data first but you know how it goes some days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2020, 08:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Welcome back Galactus!
Don't be so hard on yourself.  It's easy enough to be complacent when things go well.  Hang in there, as there are many here that will help.  I remember when I first joined this forum, you gave me some excellent advice.  

Does that graph represent a typical night on the VAuto?  You might want to try turning down the pressure support a bit to help with the Clear Airways.  There's also a Trigger setting that you can set to high.  

The Obstructives look positional, so take care of that first.  Make one change at a time.

Hi OpalRose, Board Admin now?? You go! Good to see so many familiar names and faces here. I should be around to help more people, lately all I do is hand out the board address to people I know struggling. Work has just been crazy, throw in Covid now and everything is in a constant turmoil.

I wouldn't say it's typical, as I'm not generally that high on the AHI, but it's always the CA's that are at issue. I'm not even sure when it happened, but as I look back through the data, it's always the CA.

(08-01-2020, 09:17 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Hey, Galactus is back!

Wondered what happened to 'ya my friend.  Good to see you again, and I think you'll like OSCAR, the OSCAR Team has been really working hard on making a LOT of improvements, bug fixes and new features.  Looks sort of the same on the surface, but some major stuff going on under the hood.

Anyway, welcome back!    Thumbs-up-2

Hey SuperSleeper, How have you been? I missed you guys! Too much work is what happened to me. I see all the effort that went into into OSCAR. I remember SleepyHead in it's infancy, and everyone was hard at it. Looks like you guys have carried the ball really far in my absence, it's a great job. I want to mention that I don't see an Android version though.... what happened there?? You guys fall asleep on the Droids? Really though, everything looks great!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 10:58 AM)Galactus Wrote: I want to mention that I don't see an Android version though.... what happened there?? You guys fall asleep on the Droids?

[Image: 4a8vs4.jpg]

But seriously, I think getting OSCAR to work on an Android or IOS platform is quite problematic, if I'm understanding the developers correctly.  Too many issues to spend much time on it at this point, I think.  That, plus having very, very small screen real estate to work with on mobile devices and rendering usable graphs in that small space is a great challenge.  I'd almost think any mobile version wouldn't have all the functionality that the desktop version would have, simply because the charts would be so compressed for space issues.

Here's an older discussion of some of those issues:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-modem-use
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Not to get in the way of a great reunion, but if you want to get after CA, then increasing pressure is the wrong way to go. Your last screenshot was with 12-24 with PS 4. I want you to try 10 to 18 with PS 3 and change trigger sensitivity to high.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.