Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It's been a while
It's been a while
I haven't been here for a couple of weeks. I'm ready for a nap most evening by 7-30pm. Sometimes I can beat it but sometimes it over takes me and puff 30 mins have past. Here is last nights snap shot

[attachment=2276]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: It's been a while
Well your AHI is well below the threshold of being "treated" - 5 events / hr, and for much of the night you had hardly any events. But if you're still not feeling fully rested you might try bumping up your minimum pressure just a tad to see if it helps those hypopneas and RERAs. And while you weren't in large leak territory there were a few periods of largish leaks which might have disturbed your sleep. Is your mask comfortable and fitting properly?

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2016, 07:24 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Is your mask comfortable and fitting properly?

Funny you ask. I woke up at 6am til 620 then readjusted my mask as it felt a bit tight. These past few night I had it to tight I think. I had my lower pressure raised to 7 before but found I was over pressured and lowered it back to 6.5. I should give it another try at 7.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just went back to the prior thread you started and looked at the graph you posted as a result of raising your pressure to 7. It looked much better...lower overall AHI and lower RERAs.

RERAs, even though they are not added to the AHI number actually cause distress. Your airway is closing, and you end up being aroused many times during the night. Could explain why you are so tired.

It will take a higher pressure than the 6.5 you are willing to tolerate in order to combat RERAs and hypopneas.

I had to raise my minimum pressure because of the same issue. I pretty much elimated all RERAs. Raising your pressure from 6.5 to 7 shouldn't cause you discomfort. If you look at your chart, you are at 8.6 and under for 90% of the night.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for you replies. My signature says 7 but it was actually 6.5. Tonight 7 it is
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2016, 06:14 PM)ST1300 Wrote: Thanks for you replies. My signature says 7 but it was actually 6.5. Tonight 7 it is

I couldn't remember if you were using a flex setting, but you could try setting it to 1 or 2 and that would help you when breathing out.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2281]
(03-19-2016, 06:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote: using a flex setting, 1 or 2 and that would help you when breathing out.
I do you #2

Was not to bad of a night. Looks like my H went way up. I should have waited for a week for the download.

Post Reply Post Reply
Give it some time to settle. On a good note, Obstructives and RERAs went down.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still sleeping ok.

Can the experts look and see if my results are good or do I need to increase/lower something.

Thanks again for all the help

[attachment=2341]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ST1300,
I'm certainly no expert, but your minimum preasure is still too low. I think you need to be around 8 as a start pressure.

Your AHI is considered treated if under 5, but the question here would be: How do your feel in the morning and during the day? If your feeling good, then just watch for a few weeks, but if you want to lower the Obstructives and hypopneas, and RERAs, it will take a higher start pressure.

Hang in there as others may have a different opinion.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.