Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It's been a while
RE: It's been a while
Do you use a ramp setting? I use a short one (10 minutes) and if the pressure feels too high when I first start the machine, I hit the ramp button next to the "ON" button and let it ramp up.

It's more of a psychological "comfort feature" for me than anything else.

Post Reply Post Reply
I do the same as green wings. I use a 5 minute ramp period set 3 cm below my cpap pressure to ease me up to full pressure. This helps a great deal.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not use a ramp setting. I will put a 5 min on tonight. I will also put the min pressure to 8

Thanks for the replies
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2351]

I modified my min pressure to 8 and put a ramp of 4cm for 10 mins. I feel pretty this morning but we will see. It has only been one night.

Is it still too low?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you had some issues with leaks. Make sure your mask is fitting properly.

As far as ramp goes, it's ok to use it, but starting it at 4 is too low. As you continue to adjust your minimum pressure, the ramp pressure should be moved upwards too. Mabye start it at 6 for 10 minutes. This way it's not so far from your minimum pressure.

"Is it still too low?"
Probably, but work on your mask leaks first, then watch for a few days.

Just looking at your graph, I would think a pressure range of 9 to 12 would be better, with a ramp of 6. But you can get there slowly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2016, 06:23 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Looks like you had some issues with leaks.

I do remember waking up a few times last night to adjust my mask. It seems that the hose is the problem. I have to pull it up on my chest to keep the pillows up my nose. Any advice on how-to keep the hose on place? I keep it under my arm but it must slide out.

Or is there a better mask?

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a hose lift system? Keeps hose routed overhead. You can find it fairly cheap online.

There are so many different masks available, and it's just a matter of finding what you are comfortable with.

I use the P10 mask. The only time I have problems with leaks is when the nasal pillow starts to wear and needs replaced. I have tried the hose lift, but prefer to keep hose close to me. I use a small clip to attach the hose to my sheet under edge of pillow and the rest goes under the covers with me.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are several hose lift systems out there. Some people have even made their own. I had a dramatic decrease in leaks when I started using one. The goal is to leave enough slack in the hose that you are free to move around but not enough to pull on your mask. I use a HoseBuddy. It sits between my mattress and the headboard over my head at the head of the bed and the arm holding the hose pivots as I move. As with everything else with CPAP, you have to keep experimenting until you find what works best for you and there are compromises. Since it limits the amount of slack in the hose I have to connect my hose to the mask after I get into bed and disconnect it from the hose to get out of bed.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ouch I had an industrial accident on Apr 15th where I tripped over production wire and did a nose plant on my face.. YES ouch... I used to use the swift fx nasal pillow which is hard to use right now.

What kink of mask should I being looking for now..

Thanks for your answers

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.