Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It's now been 78 nights.......
It's now been 78 nights.......
......since I started using a CPAP machine. All has been going very well. No issues or problems. I've even become very adept at managing the CPAP hose during my sleep. 

I'm a side sleeper. I switch back & forth several times a night. Well, today I fabricated a hose holder. Thought that might make hose management a tad bit easier. 

After I did the install of the holder, I put my mask on and plopped down on the bed. I was impressed at how easy it was to lay on one side and then go to the other side. No fuss.......no muss. The hose did not get in the way. I plan on trying it out for a couple of nights. 

If I decide to go this route permanently, I'll do some refining here and there. The holder I came up with, mounts on top of the bed's headboard. No need to tuck anything between the mattresses. 

Anyways, I'm pretty excited to give it a test tonight. I haven't had any issues with rain-out as of yet, but with this new hose holder, it will never be an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: It's now been 78 nights.......
(11-27-2018, 06:32 PM)Big Guy Wrote: ......since I started using a CPAP machine. All has been going very well. No issues or problems. I've even become very adept at managing the CPAP hose during my sleep. 

I'm a side sleeper. I switch back & forth several times a night. Well, today I fabricated a hose holder. Thought that might make hose management a tad bit easier. 

After I did the install of the holder, I put my mask on and plopped down on the bed. I was impressed at how easy it was to lay on one side and then go to the other side. No fuss.......no muss. The hose did not get in the way. I plan on trying it out for a couple of nights. 

If I decide to go this route permanently, I'll do some refining here and there. The holder I came up with, mounts on top of the bed's headboard. No need to tuck anything between the mattresses. 

Anyways, I'm pretty excited to give it a test tonight. I haven't had any issues with rain-out as of yet, but with this new hose holder, it will never be an issue.

Got pics?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not yet. But, if I decide to stay with it, I'll take a couple after I do some refining. Right now, it's still in the cave man stage.  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2018, 08:44 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Not yet. But, if I decide to stay with it, I'll take a couple after I do some refining. Right now, it's still in the cave man stage.  Wink

Okay
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tonight will be my 3rd night using a hose holder that I fabricated. Overall, I like it. It keeps the hose overhead and out of my way obviously. 

I'm still getting used to the changes necessary when I get up during the night to visit the restroom. Little things like unhooking the hose from my mask and pushing the hose off to the side in a particular way to insure ease of hooking it back up. 

For me, it's not unusual to have to get up during the night anywhere from 4-7 times to go to the restroom. That is a whole other issue that I'm dealing with. 

Anyways, having the hose managed by a holder does make things a bit easier for me. I'm still working out a few small issues, but they won't be a problem. 

It won't take much to do a tweak here and there to get things just right.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 nights Narcil 0 65 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 82 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 322 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 267 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 485 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 709 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.