Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Itchy Feet
Ohmy 
Due to having inherited varicose veins from mom, I need to wear firm, over the calf, compression socks most of the time.  Lately the itching on the tops of my feet having been driving me crazy Perturbed .  Thankfully, I have not developed diabetic nerve pain in my feet.  Anybody have a useful suggestion?  Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, first of all, you should have thought of some options, and given this as a poll.

I recommend moving to a warm climate near a beach and walking in warm sand and ocean water.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2017, 05:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well, first of all, you should have thought of some options, and given this as a poll. 

[Image: blowing-a-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

OTC 1% Cortisone Cream.  You probably have dry skin.  Try Gold Bond Diabetics Dry Skin Lotion.
You might also have a C. Albicans infection.

You can always walk barefoot in the White River.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
For dry skin (do you get alligator scales on your shins, too?), I put a light amount of petroleum jelly on. It also helps the stockings stay up and not slip. I sometimes use a bit of cold cream on them when bathing.
If there is redness, suggesting irritation, the cortisone topicals may help.
If it smells yeasty, or you know you are prone to yeast infections, you may want to try a topical for athlete's foot.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Aliens.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Have you thought about laser vein surgery. Had it done about 5 years ago and it worked out great. Although I have to admit it doesn't always go that way.

On second thought, let's go with the beach, warm sand, and ocean water. Yeah I like that better.

Happy Eyes
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2017, 05:34 PM)PollCat Wrote: Due to having inherited varicose veins from mom, I need to wear firm, over the calf, compression socks most of the time.  Lately the itching on the tops of my feet having been driving me crazy Perturbed .  Thankfully, I have not developed diabetic nerve pain in my feet.  Anybody have a useful suggestion?  Eat-popcorn

I also wear compression stockings and at one time had that infernal itching you are referring to in your post.  Tried all sorts of creams, lotions etc. until one day I considered that it 'might' be the detergent I washed my compression stockings with.  I turn my stockings inside out so the part that actually touches my skin is facing outward during the machine wash cycle.  I also use a "baby detergent" like Ivory or Dreft.  I allow my clean stockings to air dry overnight and that seems to have eliminated the itching problem for me.  If you are diabetic another thing to consider in regards to the itching is your blood sugar levels.  You might consider mentioning the problem to your Doctor for medical advice.  I do know that once I was able to control my blood sugar better, the itching along with washing the stockings in a different manner helped immensely.  Good Luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had made a poll, I would have voted Aliens.
Post Reply Post Reply