Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Itchy Nose
RE: Itchy Nose
Yeah, I get this as well on occasion. I do think it's a tad psychological
but it bothers me nonetheless. I use a very small amount of generic
1% hydrocortisone cream. It's probably not a good idea to use it
everyday. So it's kind of a pita to put the FF mask on get a tingle,
take it all off to put a bit on, then gear back up, but it does work
pretty well. Sometimes I can think myself out of the itch, but that
doesn't work a lot more than it does work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking your way out may be the problem. Try ignoring your way out.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it does appear the group response is that it's mostly psycho but it's really hard not to itch and wake up over and over. I'll try to trudge along and see if I can get through this. I really don't want to put gold bond anti itch cream on my nose every night Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep a small bottle of grape seed oil in my bathroom. It's for dry skin mostly, as I put a small dab in the palm of my hand and spread it around the dry areas of my face prior to bed time or after a hot shower in the morning. It's a more natural solution that store-bought creams and salves to help keep the skin moist.

Whenever I have those "nose-itch" issues like you've described, I simply rub in a bit of grape seed oil around my nose and even a bit inside the nostrils. Works okay with a standard nasal mask or full face mask, but probably not a good idea if you're using nasal pillows. Seems to work for me.

Also, make sure you get rid of excessive nose hairs, as they can cause tickling or irritation as well.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,735 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 156 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 110 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,783 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 140 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 632 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 456 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.