Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Itchy Scalp
Itchy Scalp
I have been on CPAP for about 9 months using Quatro Fx full face mask and it has generally worked well for me. However , in the last three weeks or so I have had an itchy scalp and the only thing I can relate it to is the mask strap over the top of my head. I have a pretty full head of hair and keep it pretty short and wash it every morning but have the scalp itch for the rest of the day. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so how they resolved it. Thanks, Greg.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Itchy Scalp
Seems as though someone did and it came down to they'd not washed the headgear? Maybe that was it?

Try washing the headgear in the same shampoo you use, just very diluted. Wring dry in a towel and hang up to dry.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GreginColo,
Maybe something in this thread will help.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-My-Scalp
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
rinse the straps well to remove any soap residue
if wanted you can try hairnet cap or something similar so the strap don,t come in contact with your hair
Post Reply Post Reply
Great ideas all. Thanks. It started about the time I got a new headgear so didn't think I needed to wash it being brand new, but I will certainly give that a try. Thanks, Greg,
Post Reply Post Reply
I have that problem and a shampoo made for itchy scalp works for me. I don't have dandruff, but the medicated shampoos can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2013, 02:30 PM)zimlich Wrote: I have that problem and a shampoo made for itchy scalp works for me. I don't have dandruff, but the medicated shampoos can help.

T-Gel is the shampoo I use for itchy scalp... works wonders. Has tar in it.

Happy Eyes
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto to using a gentle shampoo, I use a baby shampoo and wash my headgear weekly. It stopped all the itch scalp problems.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] O2 ring itchy skin Ulysses87 4 759 01-17-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  What antifungal worked for your scalp from headgear fungus? GuitarInnovations 23 2,400 11-21-2021, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Itchy nose /Constant mask toggling advice andycc 2 966 08-23-2020, 01:10 PM
Last Post: andycc
  Scalp Issues With Strap Advice PLS andycc 6 1,330 05-22-2020, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  What to do about itchy nose? allanri 10 3,205 09-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  New headgear relieving scalp issues okieman 1 2,502 08-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY NOSE Marnid2014 11 7,576 08-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: snuffles

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.