Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ive increased pressure to no avail what now
Ive increased pressure to no avail what now
my ahi was .4 for years now all of a sudden i'm getting high 1's and mid 2's I raised my pressure to 15.5 cm/h20 and it doesn't seem to be having an impact plus i'm starting to get some centrals now so I don't know that i can go much higher without making my condition worse. I've lost weight this should be getting better not worse it makes no sense to me. I'm including some of my chart so you might be able to give me more tailored information. I'm going to call my pulmonologist but I'd like your input anyway

https://imgur.com/fMoHRCq
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ive increased pressure to no avail what now
We're going to need a standard chart taken with the F12 key. You're showing very little chart segments, and most aren't the necessary ones, no setting data shows.

Instead of Imgur, use the New Attachment just below the post textbox.

But with your title description, I'm suspecting maybe in part is Positional Apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Dave's suspicion of positional apnea is correct. I see a couple of clusters of obstructive events. You can learn about it here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I got you all the charts and the overview this time and used f12 to do it instead of the screenshot app i have via arch. Someone posted a link to the wiki on positional apnea and yea that's a definite possibility that I didn't even know existed.

sorry didn't realize i was limited to three attachments here are the rest

hey thanks for the link, i definitely do sleep that way so it's possible, I'm going to try to take some corrective action and see if it improves I don't have a collar but i can remove some of my pillows

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I assume that you know the Phillips Dreamstation has been recalled. There is a very very long thread on the subject. With that being said your Positional apnea is not numerous but please see what you can do to limit the problem. (you mentioned pillows)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not seeing positional Apnea in evidence as in a big mess, but hints of it at times of about 0028-30 and then just before you shut it off for that one section at 0400.

Second bit of info, you have snores still and rather high flow limits, indicating your EPAP pressure isn't enough. The problem is this might add discomfort from high pressure. You might want to discuss with your doc about moving up to a BPAP.

I know you've got the DreamStation now and that's under a big recall. Many here in the forum prove that ResMed machines are successful for most users. The ResMed AutoSet would likely treat you better, or if BPAP is proven needed, the ResMed VAuto has you covered there. Just something to think about.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok just to make sure i'm understanding correctly epap is when i'm exhaling correct? I don't currently have the power to adjust that which I assume is why you say going to bipap may help. I can however turn down or off flex which i believe lowers epap to make it more comfortable. I doubt i'll notice it but it's worth a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be able to access the clinical menu to adjust EPAP. I think to enter this on the DreamStation it's the combo of holding Ramp and Dial in for about 5 seconds.

But again remember your machine is being recalled. Contact you doctor and DME about a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's my understanding that Phillips is not issuing replacements based on the recall, am I being misguided? Also when I changed positions so my chin wasn't tucked my ahi got much worse so i'm going with not positional apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
PR is apparently going with both replacement with a DS2 and repairing the units which likely means foam replacement and thorough internal cleaning. returning your unit to you? That is a big unknown at this time.

I too didn't see positional apnea as a factor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 400 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Increased RERAs Uzupan 0 363 08-22-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] Switched from nose mask to full face and AHI has increased touwmus 23 1,954 07-02-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: touwmus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.