Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

JKemp's UARS Therapy
RE: JKemp's UARS Therapy
I'm starting to feel pretty good today; I didn't have any extensive awake periods last night, though I've got a little of the strung out feeling that I normally associate with a couple days after a bad stretch of insomnia. Not perfect, but cautiously optimistic that I'm already heading in the right direction. 

A lot of leakage in the last hour before I woke up. I seem to recall my mouth being super dry at that point, so I was probably letting it fall open consistently.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks pretty good other than leaks at the end of the night. The pressure support at 3 seems sufficient to eliminate flow limitation. You've done well to get this far in a short time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a little foggier today but still decent, I think? Definitely still seeing a chunk of CA and leaks, especially in the last couple of hours. I think I probably need to be a little more careful about my body positioning (I think I was on my back more at the end), and I'm going to try turning up the humidity a little. My mouth got really dry, which seems to make it susceptible to falling open?

I probably just need to keep trucking with it until I get more accustomed to sleeping with the equipment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been feeling worse again the last couple of days; return of the brain fog and a general vacant feeling. I'm trying not to get discouraged, of course, but...

A lot of leakage on the 16th, so I tried to wear a mouth guard on the 17th. It kept the leakage below the red line but the graph still shows a lot of mouth breathing. I ordered a full face mask this morning; hopefully that will help.

Also a lot of flow limits on the 17th, though I don't know how "severe" they are.

I'm definitely getting used to the machine itself, so I think I could comfortably handle pressure adjustments. Anything I should be looking at tweaking, or should I wait to see if/how the full face mask helps?

Post Reply Post Reply
That is not "a lot of flow limits". Your 95% is 0.0. The main thing seems to be arousals causing breaks in therapy and the leaks. It's hard to know what is disrupting your sleep, but the charts look very good. Your CA events are back under control, and if you want to edge upward in pressure support, you can add 0.2 at a time and see if comfort increases. Back off if the CA increases significantly during the night. The cluster at the end of the night of the 17th can be ignored.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood on the flow limits. Based on various factors, I suspect I'm pretty sensitive to minor sleep disruptions in the first place AND that those disruptions tend to fog me up a bit more the next day. I definitely noticed being more awake/dozy with dry mouth toward the morning, so hopefully it's just the leakage that's causing arousals.

As always, thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks are tough. They will arouse you, even if you're not aware of it. Keep working on that aspect of therapy, and it will probably have the most payback of anything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 933 5 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 60 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.