Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jarhead 1964's therapy thread
Jarhead 1964's therapy thread
I have been using a ResMed 10 AS for about about 15 days. I have read quite a few suggestions on the Pressure settings and others. I did have AHI up to 3.6, I changed my min pressure from 6 to 7 and max from 14 to 16. My AHI has dropped significantly. But I don't know much about the other readings. I hope I posted this correctly. I am including (2) OSCAR screen shots. Any help and or advice would be appreciated.

Jarhead 1964 - The New Guy

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user
The charts we need can be shown by doing this -  

The chart order can be set to the recommended order in OSCAR v1.1.0+ by clicking View -> Reset Graphs -> Standard.

These are the charts we need to see , if someone needs other ones or zoomed in on a  special area they will ask. 
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user
I think I have the proper graphs now. The graph with the large leak is me trying a different mask, F30i. It did not work out well for me, the worst night ever on the CPAP. I think I had the wrong cushion SW. I have since ordered a Medium. Sorry for the wrong graphs.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Jarhead 1964's therapy thread
As some other suggestions on the board. I changed my Ramp from Auto to Off. 

I have had sleep apnea for 20 years but never did a sleep study until recently.

I worked at Caterpillar and had 2 guys tell me that they both tried the machines and they could not sleep.

I decided that there was no sense for me to do a sleep study, get a machine and not use it.

About a month ago my VA Doctor requested a sleep study, I had 28 events of not breathing.

My Doctor told me that I had a great chance of having a stroke and or a heart attack if my Sleep Apnea was untreated.

So after receiving my CPAP machine from the VA, I have been determined to apply all my efforts to make the therapy work for me.

I have a average sleep time on the CPAP of 7.19 hours and a compliance score of 96.57%.

I do believe that I could use some suggestions and help on my therapy and settings on my CPAP machine.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. I want this therapy to work. At 74 years old, I will probably be on a CPAP the rest of my life.

Thank all of you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
oldman
please post your OSCAR daily charts, use F12 to take the screenshot (it does some formatting)
then we can see what is going on.  We don't need all the charts, just the top 5 standard charts,,  and of course anything else you have a question about.  

As a nuc sub sailor (70-78) I will not hold your being a Jarhead against you Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your quick reply. I do appreciate it!!

Here is last nights screen shot.

Post Reply Post Reply
I woke up to go to the bathroom after a couple of hours. Put my mask back on and laid down, seemed to be hot. After about 10 minutes or so I got up and played around on the computer. After about 2 hours, I went back to bed. I did not feel hot, so I fell asleep right away.

AHI was 2.40 which is good. I do think that I could use some help interpreting my screen shot. I really do not have a clue as to what the graphs mean.

I believe that I need help to make adjustments to my CPAP machine to get the maximum therapy results.

Generally I feel well rested.

I would appreciate an analysis of my OSCAR chart and any suggestions. Thank you!!

Post Reply Post Reply
You are miles ahead of those other guys at Caterpillar!

You have your leaks under control now, and unless they disturb your sleep you have no worries on that score.

You have some flow limitations -- caused by relaxation of tissues in your airway when you sleep -- but you are already doing what you can about those by using EPR of 3. They are at a level where they are probably not causing you any problems.

Your pressure goes up after you have obstructive events (OAs and Hs) to head off more of same. This might suggest a higher minimum pressure, but the fact that these events come in little clusters points in a different direction. You may well be tucking your chin toward your chest, which puts something like a bit of a kink in your airway, making it easier for events to occur.

There are several experiments you can try to address clustered events. One is to use a fairly low, flat, and firm pillow if you're not already doing that. Another is to try using a soft cervical collar at night. Lots of information here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

If you have specific questions about your charts, don't hesitate to ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply and some informative information about my graphs. I really don't know what to look for but in time I will probably learn.

About 2 hours ago after reading a thread about a cervical collar, I ordered one from Amazon with a review of 4.7. It was less that $20.00 which is not a lot of money these days.

I want to do whatever is necessary to improve my CPAP results and have better sleeping habits.

I do not know anything about CPAP or OSCAR but I will learn over time through the help and suggestions of members on this board.

I believe that I am open minded and wanting my CPAP therapy to work with sincere effort on my part.

Again, thanks for all the help and suggestions. I need help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need desperately to change settings, but might want to start at 9 cm min pressure if it is comfortable to do so. Mostly the machine pushes you above 9 soon after you fall asleep and stays above that most of the night.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,344 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.