Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP
RE: Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP
Found my old thread! I got a new doctor finally after having to return my old Apnea Machine as I was still only using it as a trial (before Covid so still was a thing unlike now so I was very lucky about that) and have been without any machine for almost 3 years now. It is good that I never did buy that old one as I found out that my coverage will only cover once every 5 years.

I am VERY glad that I have posted logs here as the new doctor mentioned how there were NO logs recorded from my last attempt at this from the old doctor. Wow... So now I am printing out my old data to share with him! The new one will be I think a ResMed but a BPAP instead of a CPAP as he tells me that my Sleep Lab Titration test showed that I have Severe Sleep Apnea (Obstructive) even on my side with mask leakage so I need a different mask than what comes with the machine. The Canadian government covers 25% and my Provincial Disability will cover the rest (hopefully). Since changes made in distributor companies since Covid they now charge a fee but disability usually does not like to pay for the fee so they would waive that in my case which is good. The machine after the 25% that the Canadian Gov covers leaves the bill at $906.49. I am glad disability will cover that as I only get $1067 to live on per month (since July 2023 ... used to be less). But because I am waiting on Disability now ... it could be another 2 weeks minimum. I was really hoping to have my machine by now as I had the sleep tests done June and July.

I do not know what my machine will be exactly. I only saw the box. They will show me once Disability pays and I will be called in for another appointment and the distributor to be shown how to use it. All I know is it comes with a pillow nasal mask but I need a full face mask so that is the additional cost that brings it up to the amount Disability will have to pay. Once I get it I will make a new thread on my current machine as this thread has been mainly about my issues with the old doctor.

Dr K sucked. Dr T rocks so far! Smile
1st (Aug 2019) thread: AirSense 10, Pressure: 6/18cmH₂O.
2nd (Oct 28th 2023) thread AirCurve10, Pressure: 21/17cmH₂O

Using Oscar and SleepHQ since my mobile phone is too old to support Resmed App.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back. We learned from your last attempt that you probably have positional apnea issues and need to work out comfort and leaks. Those won't magically disappear with a BPAP, but if you get a Resmed VPAP S or Vauto, there are a number of settings that can help. Your previous settings were minimum 6, maximum 18 with EPR at 3 and your machine consistently shot to the top of the pressure allowance. There is a lot more to work with using a VPAP, and it may be a good thing if it is fixed pressure. We'll see. Good luck and keep us posted on getting equipped and started.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2023, 07:10 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Welcome back.  We learned from your last attempt that you probably have positional apnea issues and need to work out comfort and leaks. Those won't magically disappear with a BPAP, but if you get a Resmed VPAP S or Vauto, there are a number of settings that can help.  Your previous settings were minimum 6, maximum 18 with EPR at 3 and your machine consistently shot to the top of the pressure allowance. There is a lot more to work with using a VPAP, and it may be a good thing if it is fixed pressure. We'll see.  Good luck and keep us posted on getting equipped and started.

I will be posting all new posts regarding my new machine once I get it here https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-Completed to prevent confusion between doctors in charge of my sleep care from now on. Smile
1st (Aug 2019) thread: AirSense 10, Pressure: 6/18cmH₂O.
2nd (Oct 28th 2023) thread AirCurve10, Pressure: 21/17cmH₂O

Using Oscar and SleepHQ since my mobile phone is too old to support Resmed App.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 138 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 120 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 300 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 170 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 267 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 347 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.