Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UF1 and UF2 in SleepyHead
UF1 and UF2 in SleepyHead
Hello. I activated the two SH user defined functions, leaving default values, just to see what would show up. Bad idea. I now have a slew of new events. But before I even try to make any sense out of them, a couple preliminary questions:

1. The 20% flow restriction channel has far fewer events than the 50% restriction channel. Shouldn't the opposite be expected?

2. Two additional channels show up, labeled PRS1_0b and PRS1_0e. The first of these has zero events most nights, one or two on a few nights. The second has lots of events every night. All events show in the flow graph as ticks, just as pressure pulses do. They do not occur simultaneously with the events in the UF channels (but they do have numbers (durations?), some large, parenthetically associated, eg. prs1_0e(574) ). What are these channels and how are they interpreted?

I'm using SH v. 1.0.0-beta-1

Thx, -Ron
We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UF1 and UF2 in SleepyHead
After turning on those you should rebuild your data from the menu. Just an FYI the 20%/50% events do not count against your AHI total. They are informational only in that respect.

[Image: SH-Rebuild-Data.JPG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Ron

(06-21-2016, 02:19 PM)rkl122 Wrote: 1. The 20% flow restriction channel has far fewer events than the 50% restriction channel. Shouldn't the opposite be expected?

I think the default is 80% restriction (at least it is on Beta 2) so I would expect it to have fewer events than the 50%. However, there's also the duration to be taken into account, which could push the result one way ot the other.

Quote:2. Two additional channels show up, labeled PRS1_0b and PRS1_0e. ... What are these channels and how are they interpreted?

If you go to Files | Preferences | Events, you'll see that there are a bunch of PRS events which JediMark has labelled "Unknown PRS1 Code". They show up in the machine outputs but are not documented. SleepyHead gives you the option of reporting them, but the author doesn't know what they are (and hence likely of little consequence).

Quote:Bad idea. I now have a slew of new events.

Not really. These "events" were always there, it's just that they weren't being recorded. In all forms of therapy somebody needs to draw a line to define what is significant and what is not. For sleep apnea, the line is drawn at 10 seconds - longer than that and it is recorded as an apnea or hypopnea, shorter than that and it's not recorded. SleepyHead lets you see events which fall outside the "official" definition (in other words below that line). If you're getting a lot of these and they're around 8 or 9 seconds they might have some clinical effect. Or they might not... Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding guys.

AlanE - When I activated the user functions, there was a dialog that said the program had to do something, and I needed to close and restart. I'm assuming that was a rebuild, but maybe not. If I explicitly do the rebuild, will I be able to reverse to the default display later?

DeepBreathing - I'm using Beta-1, so maybe there's a bug in the display as to the parameters associated with each UF.

Quote:If you go to Files | Preferences | Events, you'll see that there are a bunch of PRS events which JediMark has labelled "Unknown PRS1 Code". They show up in the machine outputs but are not documented. SleepyHead gives you the option of reporting them, but the author doesn't know what they are (and hence likely of little consequence).
Thanks for that! I turned them off. Funny thing, they seem to have been checked by default (along with a bunch of others which nevertheless don't appear on the graphs), so something about enabling the two UFs also enabled those two channels as well.

Quote:Not really. These "events" were always there, it's just that they weren't being recorded. In all forms of therapy somebody needs to draw a line to define what is significant and what is not. For sleep apnea, the line is drawn at 10 seconds - longer than that and it is recorded as an apnea or hypopnea, shorter than that and it's not recorded. SleepyHead lets you see events which fall outside the "official" definition (in other words below that line). If you're getting a lot of these and they're around 8 or 9 seconds they might have some clinical effect. Or they might not... Dont-know
Understood they were always there and are not in AHI. Question is should I worry about them. Many are 8 sec, but a significant number are in the teens or even higher. Oy.

I'm frustrated with having gotten my AHI reduced to the 5-7 range, but can't seem to break 5. Guess I'll focus full attention on that before worrying about these grey area events.

Thanks again, -Ron
We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 11:15 AM)rkl122 Wrote: Thanks for responding guys.

AlanE - When I activated the user functions, there was a dialog that said the program had to do something, and I needed to close and restart. I'm assuming that was a rebuild, but maybe not. If I explicitly do the rebuild, will I be able to reverse to the default display later?

Yes, not a problem to just shut those user flags off later. It should toggle them off without you having to do another rebuild.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.