Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jefkel's therapy
Jefkel's therapy
Hi Bonjour and Dormeo. I to am new to this forum and would like someone to comment on my results. The supplier of my machine after a month on APAP therapy (I have since purchased a machine of my own) wants to keep settings at fully auto with exception to my request of No ramp and EPR at 1. I have followed the advice given with regards to organising charts, but cannot keep the pie graph off or at least even see it switch off. I deselect it in preferences but it will not go away. Each time I start Oscar the option returns as ON. Is there a save setting somewhere I am missing?
On the good side, my home sleep study revealed a Total AHI of 91.7 and now less than 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone take a look at my SleepyHead charts?
Jefkel, congratulations on your great start, and welcome! To answer your Oscar question, yes, there is an OK box in the lower right. You may need to scroll down to find it.

For your other questions, it'd be best if you start a new thread of your own, something like "Jefkel's therapy," so we don't all get confused on this thread between you and Dekkalife. I would suggest that you make your first post the one you have here. If you can upload a screen shot of a daily chart, so much the better!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone take a look at my Oscar charts?
    Hi and thanks Dormeo.
As I stated early, my home study results were awful, yet I had a rather rested nights sleep all the same. 91.7 in total for AHI and Oxygen lowest at 57%. What a vast improvement there has been and almost immediately as I recall first night on the ResMed and AHI of 2.37. Never been above 3.0 since started therapy. Still having adjustment problems but sleeping more consistently. 
Attached is my first attempt at a screenshot, but cannot seem to fit all the statistics in on the left side.
Many thanks in advance.
Jefkel.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone take a look at my SleepyHead charts?
Good job on the screenshot. Please do, however, start a new thread, as this one is for another member. Put both your posts here, plus the screenshot, in your first post in your new thread. Let me know if you have trouble doing that. Once we’ve got you started with your own thread, I’m sure you’ll get all the help you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Jefkel's therapy
I went ahead and split out Jefkels posts from the other thread and put them here.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone take a look at my Oscar charts?
(11-30-2019, 12:59 AM)Jefkel Wrote: Hi and thanks Dormeo.
As I stated early, my home study results were awful, yet I had a rather rested nights sleep all the same. 91.7 in total for AHI and Oxygen lowest at 57%. What a vast improvement there has been and almost immediately as I recall first night on the ResMed and AHI of 2.37. Never been above 3.0 since started therapy. Still having adjustment problems but sleeping more consistently. 
Attached is my first attempt at a screenshot, but cannot seem to fit all the statistics in on the left side.
Many thanks in advance.
Jefkel.

Hi Jefkel,
Your data shows a definite improvement compared to your sleep study numbers.  With that said your machine is set at wide open ranges of 4-20, according to the graph you posted.
This really isn’t optimal for most folk.  Even though your numbers are excellent, you would be more comfortable if we could adjust that a bit.

A minimum setting of 4cm is too low and could cause you to feel “air starved.”  Your also showing a good amount of Flow Limitation.

Since your median pressure is around 10cm, set your minimum pressure to 10cm and set maximum to 16cm.  Note: You shouldn’t have much trouble at that pressure as you are already at >10cm for a good part of the night.

What is your EPR set at? (Expiratory Pressure Relief)  Since you don’t appear to have Clear Airway events, you might be more comfortable if you set it to 3.   This may also help with Flow Limitations and Hypopneas.

So for now, think comfort. Pressure 10cm minimum and 16cm maximum. (EPR 3)
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again, Jefkel. To follow OpalRose's advice, you will need to enter the clinician's menu. Instructions are here:

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Just scroll down to find your machine. I'll be interested to see how these revised settings work for you -- post a chart when you have a chance, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to all and especially Sleepyhead for redirecting this thread. Not only am I new to therapy but also forums. I guess I'll get the hang of it soon. Being somewhat technically minded, I have already delved into the no-no of machine adjustments on my own. As I have stated early, my worst night since starting therapy was a three and the EPR was set at #3. Bad sleep and a zombie all the next day. I can set the pressure levels as suggested and see how I go tonight. Last nights AHI was even better, I did however wake to the sensation of something trying to over-inflate my head. From my home study, the worst total apnoea was 42 seconds and hypoapnoea was about 101 seconds. Maybe, it's one of these events that woke to this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you had bad results with EPR at 3, we’re you still using a minimum pressure of 4?
The EPR wouldn’t kick in until your pressure reached 7cm. Was the increase in AHI due to Clear Airways? I think with a higher minimum and EPR 3 might work differently. But if you find an increase in CA’s, then you would have to back off of EPR a bit. Try it and see how it goes.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose. Attached screenshot from 23rd November when AHI was 2.99. I don't see any real problem there but still woke and carried on through the day like a Zombie. I'll change settings as you have suggested.

Note: No attachment as every time I press F12, the added attachment is the original one. I have taken a screen shot instead, saved in paint as a PNG file, deleted all other attempts at screen shots from the folder and still get the original shot. One attempt at a screen shot saved the Oscar "Profile Page" instead - not even what was on display.
I think now would be a good time to scan my computer for nasty things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 816 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.