Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jerking/kicking
Jerking/kicking
Hi All

Been awhile since i was last on. It’s now 10 months since becoming a hose head. When diagnosed i had a reading of 52 but now it is always under 2 and occasionally zero. Before i started treatment i regularly kicked out in my sleep and these were quite violent, according to wife. This improved dramatically when i started treatment and i put it down to better sleep and not fighting the apnea gasp. However recently my wife has noticed an increase in these and just wondering if anyone has any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Jerking/kicking
The kicking in your sleep is called Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. It happens for various reasons but one is it is our bodies trying to jerk us awake during an apnea event.

I suggest two things:
First is to look at your data and see if any events were particularly long. The AHI doesn't take into account a long event, just that you had one.
Second, ask your bed partner to try and note the time. Doesn't have to be exact; "I dunno, 1:30ish" is good enough. Then look at the data for that time period to see if you had either a cluster of events or a long event.

Note: an event isn't noted unless it is at least 10 seconds in length
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP conquered, PLMS still kicking coldfeet7 1 507 01-14-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  Cpap supplier jerking your chain ger365 10 1,382 06-21-2022, 10:01 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  kicking and thrashing tonight—-why? Stiffdoc 3 2,345 03-17-2019, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  High pressure kicking on immediately after exhaling drewbiedoo 11 4,047 10-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Barbz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.