Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

John's Sleep Files, Need Help To Good Sleep.
John's Sleep Files, Need Help To Good Sleep.
I'm starting my journey to getting use to my CPAP, after failing years ago. Looking for some help in reading my files and recommendations on what setting changes I should do. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. My sleep study advised me to use a pressure of 12. As you can see from my files I have used auto, then switched to 12, then to 15. Mostly I have used a full face F20 mask. I also tried a N20, but was getting leakage out of the mouth. Thank you for looking at my post, and helping.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: John's Sleep Files, Need Help To Good Sleep.
see files

see more files
Post Reply Post Reply
More better files
Post Reply Post Reply
BUMP anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
Todays file
Post Reply Post Reply
Fstbiker, looking through your results we see some indicators that you are experiencing some positional apnea, or a bend in the airway caused by your sleeping position or excess pillows, that cause periodic airway obstruction. This results in clusters of hypopnea and flow limitation which are raising your event rate and sleep disruption. Just as important, we see many periods of time with zero flow limits and events. The solution to this is likely going to be to use a soft cervical collar, however, it may also be as simple as changing or reducing pillows to avoid chin-tucking. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar This is very common, and I just got done reading a post by LeeRex where he had a similar but more severe issue. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-in-a-trap

Your charts show both fixed pressure at 15 cm with EPR 3 and in Autoset mode at 10-17 cm EPR 3. It's pretty clear that if you can resolve the positional element of your sleep disordered breathing, that you will tolerate lower pressure with very good results. You are very close to getting consistently good AHI and rest, but it's going to take some effort to investigate and work to fix the source of your occasional positional obstruction. It's actually pretty remarkable how you manage to keep breathing through these positional events, as most people will obstruct. I'm sure if you zoom into those episodes you will see the increasing airway resistance in the form of increasingly flattened inspiration waves and lower flow as the position takes a bigger toll on your airway. This usually terminates with an arousal and change in position which allows free breathing. Sometimes you may also fail to change positions and see a series of increasing flow limitations and cluster of events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply and info. Ill try the cervical collar, but not sure how well I would sleep with one. One of my biggest issues with sleep is that I wake up many times per night. I never get a full nights rest. My oxygen is steady with the CPAP, but does dip a little through the night, without it, its up and down all night long. Nothing too low, or concerning. Wish I had some one that could really dive into my sleep and OSCAR to give me good pointers and suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 63 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 92 6 hours ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 254 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 168 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 195 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 464 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,385 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.