Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Joined board because I find answers here!
Joined board because I find answers here!
I keep finding myself at this board time and again getting answers that I can't seem to find anywhere else! Thank you administrators for keeping the board up and going!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Joined board because I find answers here!
Thanks for joining, Bluejay...

It's really the members here who make Apnea Board unique, and our staff is really a super bunch of dedicated folks who love to help others.

We appreciate your kind words.

I-love-Apnea-Board
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I'm with you. Many questions came to me once I had finally been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and I started reading online as to the complications that can arise, and I did suffer during my years of ignorance.

It is only a few and limited number of online places that I will register on, and this was one after several visits where I read posts and guides as a guest.

I've only been using CPAP for barely over one month at this point in time, so while I am not able to offer anyone much in the way of advice, like you, a great resource and community like this is greatly appreciated.

Roland
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum,  
I would invite you to post your Sleepyhead nightlies in the main forum for comment.  Maybe all we will see is good and normal, but we commonly find issues the user is not aware of or does not believe, some of them are even serious.

Fred
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Download SleepyHead
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thank you.

I will look into posting my Sleepyhead data in the very near future. My understanding is that new users are limited for a certain period of time. 

Roland
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2018, 06:15 PM)RolandB Wrote: Thank you.

I will look into posting my Sleepyhead data in the very near future. My understanding is that new users are limited for a certain period of time. 

Roland

The limitation is for links, you should be able to attach the files.  See my signature for how to.
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Download SleepyHead
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks again Bonjour.

Besides the initial 1 or 2 night read of my SD card to check out SleepHead and the DreamMapper card uploader software I'd been waiting to accumulate more data thinking that things would be clearer I'm terms of my having both adjusted to using CPAP and the machine tracking and adjusting to me, again based on a longer period of usage.
I will review your how to guide and look towards this weekend to uploading a nightly.
My other concern was the fact that I had such fractured sleep for so long prior to starting CPAP with frequent visits to the bathroom and constant tiredness, that I was looking forward to the time when my brain would stop signalling me to wake up after 4 hours or less thinking it was fully rested as compared to the 'old' nights. Still seeming to log 9 hours roughly per day as the machine logs days, with more dreaming as I get to sleep deeper now and am hopefully repairing some damage done over the preceding years. The 9 hours can be from 2 betimes or maybe even 3 the very odd time. I have mobility issues and still hang onto hope that after a few months of CPAP therapy that I'll improve lung and heart functions and get out walking more again.

Roland
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
It may take a few weeks to get used to therapy. My RT told me to give it a good 8 weeks. Regardless of how I felt each night. I don't think it took that long but I persevered through the frustrating nights when I just wanted to launch the thing from a cliff. I guess it's a blessing I live next to the ocean (Gulf) with no hills in sight.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
One month down and the rest of my life to go.

I don't mind the machine in the least little bit, and I understand months will pass before I see more in terms of repairs done to the years of damages caused by untreated sleep apnea.

My nephew concerns me though, even though he only has mild sleep apnea, I wish he would use his machine. He's a smart guy otherwise, but after pulling his mask off his face for the first few nights, he won't even try to use it.

Roland
Post Reply Post Reply
It's now been 60 days (nights) of 100% continuous use for me. I can't say that I feel any better. Maybe just a bit, I'm not sure. 

My mask goes on when I hit the bed, and it doesn't come off until I get up for the day. I'm using the ResMed F20 full-face mask and it seems to be working fine. 

I'm hoping that within another 60 days or so, I'll really begin to feel an improvement.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any railfans "on board" (pun intended) CPAPreturnee 5 912 08-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Last Post: AlanE
Arrow PaytonA passed away [Apnea Board Monitor] SuperSleeper 33 5,486 08-27-2018, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Luvmyzzz
Arrow JustMongo passed away [Apnea Board Monitor] SuperSleeper 52 10,316 08-26-2018, 11:12 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 688 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming
  Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board GregLawson 43 6,627 12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 4,657 12-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  If you use 'PayPal', and like the board... Peter_C 3 1,129 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.