Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Joys of home ownership
RE: Joys of home ownership
Monsoon, monsoon, where is our rain? The weather man shows no possible ran for 10 days, and even then it's only 20%.

At 85,000 acres it is now bigger than the 2003 fire which damaged Summerhaven.
The current version of OSCAR is 1.1.1.  We recommend upgrading from any earlier version.

Useful links
Download OSCAR
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
No rain, but it looks like we may need to break out the jackets. Supposed to get down to 95 on Tuesday in Tucson. Too-funny Too-funny Too-funny Too-funny

Talked to a friend who flies the aerial attack bird for one of the companies and they are running out of flying time on most of the pilots between the three main fires in AZ. They can only fly so many hours in 6 days, then they must take 24 hours off. (FAA regs)
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should preface this first by saying that I am a retired Mechanical/Electrical Engineer so the system is not foreign to me.. I have all the tools, gauges and vacuum pump.

I ordered the 36000btu Quad unit Dec 2018, it was back ordered and arrived in Feb 2019, At this time I was being investigated for Leukemia and while at the hosp suffered a cardiac event...

June 2020, I was finally able to tackle the install, all went well if not slow..
Commissioned the unit first week of July 2020 (it has been a long slow journey).

All flares on line set were redone (poor quality factory) and all are custom fit to length, the longest 21', the shortest ~9'. Each zone was vacuumed to ~200 microns and stabilized withing 10 min..  All connections properly torqued with Nylog.

Now at the end of July 2020 and the unit has surpassed my expectations during the recent heat.. one issue was a transmittal of vibration sound via the wall mounting system.. I installed a set of commercial motor isolating mounts and the issue has been resolved, Silent running...

The other issue was a water leak, after investigation, found the drain hose had come detached from the defrost tray at the head unit... unmounted the head unit and worked in the confined space behind, reattached hose and all is well...

The outside line sets are all in line set covers, The exit points and the wall penetrations are filled with low density foam.

The folk at “So Good”, have been wonderful to work with, this is the second unit I have purchased through them, first a single 12000BTU (Feb 2018).

The system is so well met that my son and a neighbour have decided to follow my lead and install similar systems...  I summize I will be recruited
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  home oxygen concentrator MawBeall 2 343 02-15-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Vietnam MIA comes home to Texas justMongo 5 1,668 10-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Home Automation AlanE 21 4,669 08-14-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.