Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jumpy and jittery?
Surprised 
Jumpy and jittery?
I've had sleep apnea since I was 16.  They (family physicians) did not think much about it in 1976. 
Anyway, was officially diagnosed about 12 yrs ago.  I could not get adjusted to a mask, etc., and just stopped using it. 
I've only been using this new system 6 days....and I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin.  In fact, I feel downright nervous.  NOT complaining, though.
I have been waking up earlier and going to bed later.    Thinking-about  It's wonderful.  I hope the anxiousness is normal.  If so, I have been sleepwalking through life.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oops!
Hello everyone!  Thank you for any and all input!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Jumpy and jittery?
Magally,
Welcome to Apnea Board!  
Well, at age 16, that was probably hard to adjust and stick to Cpap therapy, but it’s good you are giving this another try.

I’m not sure why you would be jumpy or jittery, but your untreated Apnea all those years has more than likely gotten a little worse.

If you are claustrophobic, try using a nasal or nasal pillow mask.

Also, if you want feedback on your therapy, download #SleepyHead software and post some data here.  Use the links in my signature line to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, OpalRose!

I did not get treatment the first time until about 12 years ago.    This time around, I think the mask is going to work out fine.  I will have to edit my info for mask-type, etc.
And this is a bi-pap, so it seems to be more comfortable for the higher pressure.  I'm still just a week in.  I was surprised how quickly I began to feel 'different,' (in a good way).
Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
The jittery or nervous feelings are normal when just starting out, and it sounds like you are adapting well, so if you feel good, then your doing something right. Give it time, it will become second nature.

Do you have a  Clinicians Manual for your machine?
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oops!
(08-10-2018, 10:30 AM)Magally Wrote: Hello everyone!  Thank you for any and all input!

Gee, you ARE jumpy!!   Sad 

Is the 'jumpiness' new?  Have you always been somewhat reactive?  Are you certain it can be assigned solely to PAP therapy?  Do we know if your PAP therapy is suitable for your particular kind of apnea(s)?  I keep asking questions, but they are actually important in terms of addressing the jumpiness.  There may be no relationship at all.  You may possibly have a 'general anxiety disorder' (yes, that's a real disorder). Or, it could very well be that you are anxious about the sensations related to the PAP therapy. If your sleep is, despite the therapy, worse than it was previously, perhaps it is the quality/duration of your sleep that is at play.

It would be very useful for you to find a way to post some hard sleep data for us to peruse...if that meets with your approval and comfort.  We use a freeware called 'sleepyhead' that you can find at sourceforge.com.  Your machine should have data transmission capability if it is relatively modern and new.  It may need an SD card inserted into a slot, or it may already have the card in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
I felt like I had too much coffee for a week after I started therapy for sleep apnea. After that, things settled down. I rationalized it by thinking that my body probably was trying so hard to keep me going in a sleep-deprived state, that when I finally was getting good sleep, it took a while to get used to being rested. It will settle down, though!
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently I used the wrong wording.  I am fine - I feel GREAT.  I am familiar with anxiety as I have had that most of my life, too.
This is more like an adrenaline rush.  I'm usually slow getting out of bed, and slow getting going at work.  I'm doing more in the evening, rather than jumping from the car to the bed.   I guess I am just shocked that this has worked so quickly.  I went from AHI 47 to 6, 4.9, and under 1, this morning.

I was hoping it was something like that.   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Coffee Man.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had what may be somewhat similar "feeling" when I first started therapy. It was hard to explain/put finger on ... but jittery was probably as good a description as any. It passed after week or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Jumpy n Jittery Eddie702 3 3,978 08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.