Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just Bought Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - gave up waiting for Phillips!
Just Bought Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - gave up waiting for Phillips!
Awaiting delivery of a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset tomorrow having more or less given up waiting for Phillips to do anything here in the UK about all the recalled Dreamstations  [Image: sad.gif].   I guess it will be replaced at some stage, but I have lost faith now and worried about potential health concerns plus the machine has never been quite right since it was in at Phillips a while back under warranty.  Had to wait months to get a Resmed as there was simply no UK stock available.  The Dreamstation was my first CPAP and really has helped my OSA.

Hope I have made the right choice this time!   I bought the humidifier and heated tube for it and extra filters and will use my existing mask setup. 

Can I transfer my SD card over to the Resmed from the Dreamstation?    i opted to spend a few more pounds and get the version with the My Air connectivity - apparently the nice "for her" version lacks that function, so the black one it is then...........

Had to fund the purchase myself as the NHS here is more or less on its knees and there are no machines available for months and months or even years, and the ones in our area are all the cheapest fixed pressure ones.............

Any advice with changeover?  Should I set the levels to the same as I am using on the Dreamstation Auto as a start?

Thanks in advance for advice
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just Bought Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - gave up waiting for Phillips!
Do you use OSCAR? If not please download it from the top of the site, it is completely free. It is used here to get data to help with pressure changes.

You can use the same SD card if you format it (FAT 32) but if you want to keep your information from the Phillips then buy one from 2gb to 32gb (nothing bigger). Get the cheapest one it does not need to be expensive.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You could post a screenshot of a typical night with the DreamStation. This way we would have some idea for settings with the ResMed. Or just set the ResMed with the same settings as the DS. Then we can go from there.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
VolvoFan good choice. And good choice in cars.

OSCAR is an amazing tool.
I have the same machine as you. It works really well because I had help here with recommendations for settings.

I've been reading people's posts since the foam hit the fan. My thought--you chose very wisely. Now you get to make it work for you.

There are so many people that have good information. My thought--you need a separate SD card for the ResMEd S10. YOu should keep the Respironics card safe.

Enjoy your treatment with the new machine.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for advice so far.  DaveL my Volvo is an ancient (but venerable) XC90 2008 vintage, 142,000 miles so barely run in :Smile

On a separate note, the Resmed gear all arrived by courier this morning. And the machine has an SD card included with it so will use that one in the first instance at least.  It all came at considerable price, am still reeling - around £750!   Bah humbug, that was Xmas !  
Hope it lasts a lot longer than the Phillips and pleased to see it is much more compact than the Dreamstation as the humifier is integrated rather than latched on.  

I will set up this evening to the Dreamstation values and get the DS SD card out to load into Oscar and post some screenshots here for general advice before packing said DS away and awaiting contact from Phillips at some future date.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your AS10 isn't new, I recommend that you perform a machine reset and format the SD card. Many times stray data has been left on a machine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bought my first Volvo in '71. Later loved the 850R wagon with sports suspension. Quick! (the 144 wasn't.)

Your're on your way! You're in a great place to get good help to make your treatment go well. Enjoy.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to send a request for the clinician manual for your machine https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...manual#ASK It will help you to better understand the functions and features of your machine, and allow you to access the settings. Going into the clinical menu, you can scroll down to check Run hours to verify it is a new machine. It may have some time on it from the RT setting it up, but should be minimal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone, the machine is brand new, I bought it from a reputable supplier in the UK.  The stock levels in the UK have been awful and I have waited for ages for them to get some stock. I checked in the clinical menu as suggested and it is brand new.  It came with a new SD card.  I registered with My Air as well.  I can't use ResCan software as my equipment is all Mac, so using Oscar.   Many thanks for the clinical manual it was and will be so helpful.

The Dreamstation had been in to Phillips for repair in May this year, around the time the recall was announced, and has not been quite right since then - discovered to my dismay that the SD card in it had not recorded since the machine had been in for repair, so nothing recent to compare with. It's now in a drawer and will not be used again. Not sure I will want to use another Phillips as DS 2 is apparently making it all but impossible for users to get data from.  

The Resmed card captured in Oscar though and I have attached screenshots of the first time use last night - my mask seemed to leak a bit unfortunately, I have a few which I rotate use of, it's a hybrid Phillips one with nasal pillow but over mouth as I can't cope with a full face one. Usually it's fine but there are occasional leak episodes.  I slept fine, it was very quiet.

I left settings as it was out the box. It is the humidified version with heated tube. 

What adjustments would be advisable?  Looking for advice really and happy to trial some different settings to get the best outcomes. My AHI when i was diagnosed in Jan 2020 was 13, as I recall. When the Phillips went in for repair it was about 6 or 7 which was much worse than it had been, as it had come right down to 2-4 ish.  last night seems to have been very good in terms of AHI so that is promising!!

I have attached 2 Oscar screenshots from last night - my first use of the Resmed Air Sense 10 Auto

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well as you noted a lot of leaks - some look like mouth leaks and some mask leaks.

The main problem seems to be flow limits. We try to reduce those is using EPR. You are set at 1. I would suggest to raise it to 3 (highest setting). But to do that you have to raise the minnso the EPR can work.

Suggested settings

Min7
Max 15
EPR 3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 166 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.