Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just Bought Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - gave up waiting for Phillips!
RE: Just Bought Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - gave up waiting for Phillips!
(12-16-2021, 10:32 AM)VolvoFan Wrote: Not sure I will want to use another Phillips as DS 2 is apparently making it all but impossible for users to get data from.  
Hang in there.  Give us (The OSCAR team) a bit of time.  We are close.  We actually have the DS2 Beta planned so in a few months as we complete the more normal parts of adding a new device.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE:

I have been using the Airsense 10 for a week now, settings now as advised by Staceyburke in this thread. ahi has been splendid - much better overall than the phillips DS1.

But today and on a previous occasion in the week, i have felt really sleepy, like it was before I was diagnosed.  Not had this for ages. 
and I am having frequent bad epsiodes of dry mouth in the night / morning. Humidifier has not run out of water and am using the heated tube.

My phillips hybrid nasal / mouth mask seems to be leaking a lot - I have a few mouth pieces, one a very new one, but this problem seems to be increasing so i took the plunge and ordered a Resmed F30i mask setup which I hope will arrive soon. they cost a small fortune in the UK these and the Phillips masks !!  I do like the airtube above the head as i struggle with claustrophobia with the traditional mask setups.

I would be grateful for any further advice as to settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Turn your EPR setting to Full Time.  You have it set to ramp only.  That will help with the Flow Limitation and hypopnea.   Additionally, you should wean yourself off ramp.

As far as settings go, Stacy gave you excellent advice and I wouldn't recommend changing settings until you can get your leaks under control.  Your leak rate is way too high which in turn causes the machine to not accurately flag apnea's.

For future reference, when posting charts... we need to see the following graphs:
Events, Flow Rate, Flow Limitation, Pressure and Leak Rate.  Please exclude the others unless asked for.  Thanks Smile

Don't forget to change EPR 3 to Full Time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with OpalRose about EPR Full Time, try to minimize or eliminate ramp. Your persistent leaks through the night will disrupt your sleep. Identifying the cause of the leaks will help your sleep integrity. The Mask Primer may help http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just moved from the Philips Dreamstation 2 -> RedMed Airsense 10. Night and day, this machine is WAY better. It's like the Philips users designed it for sleakness, but not usability. Some things I noticed:

1. Pressure seams more steady at the same settings
2. Humidifier I can easily see the amount of water left! This goes to usability for the device
3. OSCAR data <---- this is huge I found out I was leaking out of a mask I was using in the night! The other mask was showing no leaks and I got way better sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,867 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.