Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just Diagnosed - Anyone else also have CFS?
RE: Just Diagnosed - Anyone else also have CFS?
(05-10-2018, 12:12 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Suzi make sure when you pick up your machine it has an sd card in it as if the Dr will be using the AirView they do not need one in the machine. If the DME will not give you one just buy the cheapest full size SD card you can find anything up to 32gb will work, go by price not size

Will do!  Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just Diagnosed - Anyone else also have CFS?
(05-09-2018, 11:10 PM)Suzi Wrote: Bill,  I finally got an appt next week to get my stuff.   SmileMy doctor ordered ResMed AirSense auto.  They want me to upload the data to ResMed's AirView -  I asked about Sleepyhead but the DME nurse had only just heard about it the other day.   But she said I could use both.  

They'll let me pick my own mask.   I'm pretty sure I don't sleep with my mouth open so I'll probably start with a nasal one.  

Thx for your input.

Excellent. 

If they'd make it a "For Her" model, it might be most optimal (as there is an option for a different algorithm with that variation). You might put in a request with the doctor for that one if there is time.

Mask choices are so personal (pay close attention to the swap-out opportunities/limitations of your insurance) that one almost needs to try them and see, but one mask that has a cult following is the ResMed P10 pillows. They are very minimalistic and have the most diffused air exhaust system of any mask that I'm aware of. Some masks spray you with a body-wash of air. 

My Air gives users very little useful data. It is OK as a snapshot if one only has basic OA, but it is very simplistic compared with the data from Sleepyhead. Definitely, download the latter.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 369 1 hour ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 386 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,805 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First-time CPAP Machine Advice (Newly Diagnosed OSA) Franko39 2 409 11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.