Hi: Homeless
Welcome back
Smile
04-10-2013 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: Just Greetings
(04-10-2013 07:33 AM)homeless Wrote:  I did install the drivers by accident but all is working as it should
maybe I got lucky?

Wow, that's like... unheard of... installing the drivers almost always ruins your machine for future ResScan installs. Thinking-about

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-11-2013 07:56 AM
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

Welcome back!!! Sleep-well

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-11-2013 08:07 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

Sex: Undisclosed

(04-11-2013 07:56 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 07:33 AM)homeless Wrote:  I did install the drivers by accident but all is working as it should
maybe I got lucky?

Wow, that's like... unheard of... installing the drivers almost always ruins your machine for future ResScan installs. Thinking-about

Perhaps the interdimensional stabilizer worked properly this time?

Big Grin

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
04-11-2013 03:20 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(04-11-2013 03:20 PM)Shastzi Wrote:  Perhaps the interdimensional stabilizer worked properly this time?
Big Grin

I was thinking a hyperspace transit of tachyon particles into the trans-warp drive matrix, but I guess it could be the inter-dimensional stabilizer. But I personally think that's about as likely as the Enterprise being involved in a bizarre time-warp experience which is in some way unconnected with the Late 20th Century.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

04-11-2013 03:50 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

Sex: Undisclosed

wait a minit. Only the Borg have the trans-warp technology. You haven't been assimilated recently have you?

Big Grin

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
04-12-2013 09:05 AM
homeless Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Quattro
Humidifier: H1
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(04-11-2013 07:56 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  
maybe I got lucky?

Yeah I thought I was toast but upgraded to 4.2, installed all the drivers and stilll no issues. I read the card each morning

I think my numbers look good, no leaks AHI is 2.3 pretty much each of the last three nights

Not sure yet what other numbers I should be concerned with o far so good...I think

I still would like to wake up more rested but now all I can blame it on is just my tired old *ss Smile
04-12-2013 10:30 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

(04-12-2013 10:30 AM)homeless Wrote:  I still would like to wake up more rested but now all I can blame it on is just my tired old *ss Smile

I take it you're not really homeless. I'm afraid I'll find myself that way before long and where does one plug in a CPAP out on the street?
I'll hope a homeless shelter will be accommodating.
(wife and I don't always get along well)
04-12-2013 03:04 PM
vsheline Online

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(04-12-2013 10:30 AM)homeless Wrote:  I read the card each morning

I think my numbers look good, no leaks AHI is 2.3 pretty much each of the last three nights

Not sure yet what other numbers I should be concerned with o far so good...I think

I still would like to wake up more rested but now all I can blame it on is just my tired old *ss Smile

Hi homeless, welcome back!

I suggest you put "S9 VPAP Auto" in your profile. (You will see "VPAP Auto" next to the on/off button.) That is a very fine machine.

What is the breakdown of CAI (Central Apnea Index) versus OAI (Obstructive Apnea Index)? If your CAI numbers are small relative to your OAI, then you can use as much Pressure Support (which is the form of EPR used with VPAP machines) as you find most comfortable. I've heard that most folks like (and do well with) PS=2 to 8, with most preferring 4. Also, using Pressure Support usually lowers OAI and avoids things called RERAs (Respiratory Effort-Related Arousals), another benefit.

In my case, however, when I was using an S9 VPAP Auto I eventually turned PS down to nearly zero because it was increasing my CAI too much. But most people do not have that problem.

Keep an eye on how long your apneas are occuring. An AHI of 10 where the apneas are all less than 20 seconds would be less worrisome to me than an AHI of 5 where many apneas lasted two or three times that long. Getting a recording Oximeter would let you check how well your machine is keeping your oxygen levels where they need to be.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 03:28 AM by vsheline.)
04-16-2013 03:23 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
homeless Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Quattro
Humidifier: H1
CPAP Pressure: 16-20

Other Comments:

(04-16-2013 03:23 AM)vsheline Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 10:30 AM)homeless Wrote:  I read the card each morning

Hi homeless, welcome back!

I suggest you put "S9 VPAP Auto" in your profile. (You will see "VPAP Auto" next to the on/off button.) That is a very fine machine.

What is the breakdown of CAI (Central Apnea Index) versus OAI (Obstructive Apnea Index)? If your CAI numbers are small relative to your OAI, then you can use as much Pressure Support (which is the form of EPR used with VPAP machines) as you find most comfortable. I've heard that most folks like (and do well with) PS=2 to 8, with most preferring 4. Also, using Pressure Support usually lowers OAI and avoids things called RERAs (Respiratory Effort-Related Arousals), another benefit.

In my case, however, when I was using an S9 VPAP Auto I eventually turned PS down to nearly zero because it was increasing my CAI too much. But most people do not have that problem.

Keep an eye on how long your apneas are occuring. An AHI of 10 where the apneas are all less than 20 seconds would be less worrisome to me than an AHI of 5 where many apneas lasted two or three times that long. Getting a recording Oximeter would let you check how well your machine is keeping your oxygen levels where they need to be.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn
Sorry for the late reply, wok has kept me on the road and haven't had time to get on the PC

I dont see the OAI or CAI

This is a 14 day summary. I know the AHI is good but don't know much about the other numbers....UPDATE I have to do 2 more posts to insert a picture Sad

Also, I am not able to get any detailed data? any suggestions

Thanks for your help and sharing your knowledge
04-27-2013 09:15 PM