Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just Greetings
RE: Just Greetings
(04-27-2013, 09:15 PM)homeless Wrote: Also, I am not able to get any detailed data? any suggestions

Thanks for your help and sharing your knowledge
You need to select "all available data" otherwise no detailed data ... as shown here ... see post #2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-2
Alos see post #1 for "ResScan Report Interpretation Guide" link

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2013, 09:15 PM)homeless Wrote:
(04-16-2013, 03:23 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(04-12-2013, 10:30 AM)homeless Wrote: I read the card each morning

I think my numbers look good, no leaks AHI is 2.3 pretty much each of the last three nights

Not sure yet what other numbers I should be concerned with o far so good...I think

I still would like to wake up more rested but now all I can blame it on is just my tired old *ss Smile

Hi homeless, welcome back!

I suggest you put "S9 VPAP Auto" in your profile. (You will see "VPAP Auto" next to the on/off button.) That is a very fine machine.

What is the breakdown of CAI (Central Apnea Index) versus OAI (Obstructive Apnea Index)? If your CAI numbers are small relative to your OAI, then you can use as much Pressure Support (which is the form of EPR used with VPAP machines) as you find most comfortable. I've heard that most folks like (and do well with) PS=2 to 8, with most preferring 4. Also, using Pressure Support usually lowers OAI and avoids things called RERAs (Respiratory Effort-Related Arousals), another benefit.

In my case, however, when I was using an S9 VPAP Auto I eventually turned PS down to nearly zero because it was increasing my CAI too much. But most people do not have that problem.

Keep an eye on how long your apneas are occuring. An AHI of 10 where the apneas are all less than 20 seconds would be less worrisome to me than an AHI of 5 where many apneas lasted two or three times that long. Getting a recording Oximeter would let you check how well your machine is keeping your oxygen levels where they need to be.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn
Sorry for the late reply, wok has kept me on the road and haven't had time to get on the PC

I dont see the OAI or CAI

This is a 14 day summary. I know the AHI is good but don't know much about the other numbers....UPDATE I have to do 2 more posts to insert a picture Sad

Also, I am not able to get any detailed data? any suggestions

I just downloaded sleepyhead, all is well but for some reason it does not see any data in the folders on my SD card. Resmed sees it but not SH

Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2013, 09:43 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-27-2013, 09:15 PM)homeless Wrote: Also, I am not able to get any detailed data? any suggestions

You need to select "all available data" otherwise no detailed data ... as shown here ... see post #2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-2
Alos see post #1 for "ResScan Report Interpretation Guide" link

Thank you
That took care of my problem!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2013, 08:41 AM)homeless Wrote: That took care of my problem!!

Glad to hear it! (Thanks Zonk!)

Just noticed your recent posts.

Let us know what the detailed data shows.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.